Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > battery warning light today..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
m1964

United States 
battery warning light today..

this morning (outside temp -7C) wife started the LR2, I came down 30 seconds later to find a little red battery symbol on the dashboard. Afetr usual warm up drove about 300m -the symbol did not go away, so shut the engine off. Re-started the engine-no more problems, drove fine after that.

Anyone had it happen?

thanks

Post #54664 11th Jan 2010 4:15 am
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

I did notice mine stayed on for a few seconds longer after start up at same temperature recently, but it went out ok.

Iain

Post #54673 11th Jan 2010 8:55 am
landieguy

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HST Auto Stornoway Grey

Not sure of the workings within FL2 re Alternator output versus battery volts/discharge level but I am aware that certain vehicles, my wifes Merc A Class being one, limits the alternator output if battery volts are lower than normal. This is to prevent current inrush and electrical spikes and transients that such inrushes can cause messing up other electricals. The alternator output slowly builds limiting charge current to the battery. Could this be the case keeping the battery lamp lit whilst the output builds in respect to FL2's?

Post #54848 11th Jan 2010 11:56 pm
m1964

United States 

landieguy wrote:
Not sure of the workings within FL2 re Alternator output versus battery volts/discharge level but I am aware that certain vehicles, my wifes Merc A Class being one, limits the alternator output if battery volts are lower than normal. This is to prevent current inrush and electrical spikes and transients that such inrushes can cause messing up other electricals. The alternator output slowly builds limiting charge current to the battery. Could this be the case keeping the battery lamp lit whilst the output builds in respect to FL2's?

happened again the next norning, so took it to the dealer, they found "weak battery" and replaced the battery with aftermarket Interstate brand battery (these batteries are very good in general) I guess it is too expensive to haul original LR batteries from UK to the USA.

I think it is possible that there was "mismatch" between alternator output and battery output voltages causing the warning light to come on.

Post #55180 14th Jan 2010 4:10 am
m1964

United States 

UPDATE: 2 days after picking FL2 (LR2) from the dealer the same light is on again -took it to the dealer again, who called next day and said "we did not get to it yet, because we are very busy" -I will update on resolution of this problem.

Post #55523 17th Jan 2010 1:43 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1