Print this entire topic · 
Helmar99

N/A

N/A

Last edited by Helmar99 on 3rd Dec 2022 10:08 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #55164 13th Jan 2010 10:51 pm
redmug

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

I've always found new cars attract trouble. You've done well to manage 3 weeks!

Had a new X-Type Jag once, someone drove into it outside my house within 2 weeks of getting it.

FL2, received a dent in bumper and chip in windscreen within 2 weeks.

My old FL1, got second hand - never had any trouble for 7 years with it!

Hope you get it fixed soon and it doesn't cause you too much irritation. '09 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto
19" shadow chrome wheels
Lago Grey

Previously, '00 Freelander TD4 GS Manual

Post #55165 13th Jan 2010 10:55 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black
Re: Is broken all ready...

JWAIV wrote:
Well, had my new HSE since Dec 24th and was due to go in for bodykit this week, sadly someone went right into the back of it on Saturday Sad Not to much damage, broken parking sensor, slight dents in bumper and messed up paint.

Could have been worse, damm annoying though.

Look at it this way it was going in the bodyshop anyway & at least it happened before the kit was fitted, not much consolation I know but it helps.

My drivers side nearly got taken out by a Discovery 3 in Gillingham a few days ago as he went round a sharp corner too fast in the snow but luckily I got out of the way! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #55166 13th Jan 2010 11:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
greengiant

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

That's annoying.
When I picked up my brand new Rover SDI I drove SWMBO to ASDA, while queing to park an old Volvo reversed straight back into us, 45 mins after getting the car Sad 09 FL2 HSE auto Lago Grey
71 Triumph Stag 3L
68 NGTCV8 3.5L

Post #55173 14th Jan 2010 12:52 am
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

greengiant wrote:
That's annoying.
When I picked up my brand new Rover SDI I drove SWMBO to ASDA, while queing to park an old Volvo reversed straight back into us, 45 mins after getting the car Sad

That sucks! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #55177 14th Jan 2010 1:29 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
zone30

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

Same here, must have been about 2 weeks also.

In that same week:

On monday someone rearended me: not too much damage, only a descent scratch on the rear bumper and minor crack in it too. The other car was much worse of.

On wednesday I had to call LA as I had a flat tyre.

And finally on thursday a truck had driven my corner of and ran off, which really Censored me of! So had to call police to report it. This resulted in a broken taillight, cratches on the tailgate and a nasty sharpcornered dent in the left rear side plating.

Thank God I have good insurance and except for the fixing of the tyre I paid 0 for the repairs.

Post #55185 14th Jan 2010 8:57 am
Wintermute

Turkey 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

I have even crashed a car once, before even we bought it. Rolling with laughter

I tell this to scare car sales guys, everytime I test drive a new car. Laughing

So don't worry, it happens to everyone. 2010 Freelander 2 Select TD4 auto....gone
2011 Freelander 2 TD4 auto ...current

Post #55315 15th Jan 2010 9:28 am
theglassman

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

Must be mystic forces at work here!
I parked my FL2 SE in a field whilst fishing in Herefordshire last year. As usual, the residents of the field (30 or 40 cows) came to investigate, lick the car, crap around it etc..... except that this (new) lot had bl***y great metal tags on their ears. When they licked my FL2 (don't we all - we love 'em!), the ear-tags repeatedly hit the bodywork. Result... 9 panels requiring re-spray!
Thought of dreaming-up some more 'acceptable' scenario for my Insurers (More<than), but decided that honesty is the best policy. Spoke to (Indian lady - in India) to report incident and start claim process. After quite a while we arrived at 'vandalism by animals'. Cows are sacred there!
Less than 30 mins later - had a call from the designated repairers (in Basingstoke) whose main interest was how the damage was caused. They'd been told animal vandals had attacked the car. They were in fits when I explained and said that 'that one's going up on our wall of fame'.
They collected the FL and left a courtesy car.
Within an hour this time, the Loss-adjuster' for More<than was on the phone to say that a) the damage was £2000+ and b) that the story was 'going into the magazine'.
They should get out more, these guys!
Anyway, 10 days later they re-delivered my beloved, gleaming and pristine.
The same day I took it - along with my other beloved to John Lewis in High Wycombe to look for ... whatever!
On returning to the car, I saw a bl***y great scratch on the newly repainted front wing and wheel-arch!
After calming down and kicking a nearby tree I noticed a piece of paper under the wiper on which there was an apology and an offer to pay for the repair!

So... the Insurers were superb in every detail.
Don't ever trust cows,
Have a bit of faith in human nature - it occasionally is justified!
Get a Freelander2 - they're superb.
Sods law always happens.
Cheers
The Glassman I've decided to stop being a good example and will now just be a terrible warning.....
2008 TD4HSE - gone but much loved.
2014MY SD4 Metropolis - very much loved.

Post #59252 11th Feb 2010 10:25 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Shocked Somebody tell me I have just read a car was damaged by licking cows Shocked
Rolling with laughter Sorry but that is out there, on the insurance claims

a friend once drove into an escaped cow in her car, she was asked what happen to the cow, it got up and walked off, she Answered, she was then asked to describe it, "4 legs White with black patches with a ......what do you think a cow looks like"??

Wrote her car off those Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #59253 11th Feb 2010 10:34 pm
Carnoch

Glassman, thats superb! Welcome, with your sort of luck, the rest of us can sleep easy. You didn't star in the VW advert, you know, "this is the man who married a sex kitten, just as she turned into a cat."

I lived on the Isles of Harris in the 80's, it wasn't unknown for visitors to park their cars and on their return find them battered. Evidently the Rams saw their reflection in the painwork and would butt it.

Please come to the Lakes, a trip npinks is planning, you'd keep us all going, sitting round the camp fire listening to the scarey stories.

Post #59256 11th Feb 2010 11:07 pm
Rowy

A Big Fat Cow ruined my car, Big Cry

she keeps leaving crisp packets & twix wrappers in every door pocket & footwell, gonna divorce her one day Laughing

Post #59260 11th Feb 2010 11:29 pm
Carnoch

I'd like to say the same, but a skinny little runt of the litter did mine in.

Post #59261 11th Feb 2010 11:31 pm
beachy68

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Izmir Blue

My wife's nearly new Transporter T5 which she uses for the dogs also got trashed by licking animals! Not cows but sheep. We parked in a field with other vehicles at a gun dog field trials competition. The van was covered in salt from the road (winter) and the sheep in the field all went mad for it and started licking it off. The fuzzy b Censored ds have, however, got well sharp teeth and so they left deep scratches down to the metal all over the tailgate and all down one side. I was gutted. I make a point of eating more lamb these days. That'll teach 'em.

Post #59262 11th Feb 2010 11:31 pm
Carnoch

Fair point beachy, but it was a VW Transporter and looks like a caravan, therefore the sheep did you a favour really.

Post #59264 11th Feb 2010 11:33 pm
beachy68

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Izmir Blue

True, it's not exactly stylish. However in it's defence, it is black, has proper (not dodgy imitation) VW wheels and has clear indicators. The definition of perfection then for some people on here... Wink

Post #59269 11th Feb 2010 11:40 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>