Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Freelander 2 Accessories & Their pricing!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black
Freelander 2 Accessories & Their pricing!

I had a long conversation with LR customer services about prices of some accessories in particular the Xenon lights at £680 is a joke. I said that on a vehicle that lists at £32K they & roof rails should be standard. They were on my 2002 Rover 75 Tourer Connoisseur SE.

Also it has taken around 2 weeks for someone to work out what the auxillery heater is on this model & even if it exists. The dealer knew little about it & nor did LR technical when I first rang Laughing
My first queery was reading the handbook which said (Auxillery Heater if fitted) Again from my days with the 75Tourer & also on the FL1 TD4 you could have a remote control auxillery heater that you can programme to come on & warm up the car.
Anyway I & LR customer relations came to the conclusion that the handbook is misleading as it is only available in Russia Evil or Very Mad Laughing Rolling Eyes Rolling with laughter Why is this? LR have gone backwards in their features!

I also asked why we English/British have a handbook written entirely in English other than 5 other variations of the word "Handbook" on the front cover have to look at diagrams of a Left Hand Drive vehicle in the book. Their first reply was (by a different agent) likely that it is cheaper to have 1 image - but still have to write the book in many languages = makes lots of sense Laughing

I then asked the first time I rang before Christmas what the "Puddle Lamps" were as I thaught they may be the external mirror lamps. I saw a diagram in the handbook pointing to somewhere near the door handle & listed the mirror lamps seperately. The operator said that she had spoken from someone in the technical department & they had said that they must be the same thing as the mirror lamps - In other words the mirror lamps have 2 names. THIS IS THE FACTORY Rolling with laughter
Anyway I spoke to the dealer & they are at the bottom of the front doors to light up the floor outside the car.

Oh Dear! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Last edited by The Valeter on 9th Jan 2010 11:09 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #54404 9th Jan 2010 2:14 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

I agree the hand book is not the best Rolling Eyes Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #54411 9th Jan 2010 8:09 am
The Doc

United Kingdom 

How can it be "Total Spec" when your having to shake your left arm and move your left leg every 20 secs to change gear?

Does it have xenons?

How does "Quite a lot of Freelander 2 Accessory bits but not automatic nor "OTT" as it get me work spec" sound Whistle

Post #54434 9th Jan 2010 12:32 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: Freelander 2 Accessories, Their pricing & Strange Id

Executive Valeter wrote:
I had a long conversation with LR customer services about prices of some accessories in particular the Xenon lights at £680 is a joke. I said that on a vehicle that lists at £32K they & roof rails should be standard. They were on my 2002 Rover 75 Tourer Connoisseur SE.

Also it has taken around 2 weeks for someone to work out what the auxillery heater is on this model & even if it exists. The dealer knew little about it & nor did LR technical when I first rang Laughing
My first queery was reading the handbook which said (Auxillery Heater if fitted) Again from my days with the 75Tourer & also on the FL1 TD4 you could have a remote control auxillery heater that you can programme to come on & warm up the car.
Anyway I & LR customer relations came to the conclusion that the handbook is misleading as it is only available in Russia Evil or Very Mad Laughing Rolling Eyes Rolling with laughter Why is this? LR have gone backwards in their features!

I also asked why we English/British have a handbook written entirely in English other than 5 other variations of the word "Handbook" on the front cover have to look at diagrams of a Left Hand Drive vehicle in the book. Their first reply was (by a different agent) likely that it is cheaper to have 1 image - but still have to write the book in many languages = makes lots of sense Laughing

I then asked the first time I rang before Christmas what the "Puddle Lamps" were as I thaught they may be the external mirror lamps. I saw a diagram in the handbook pointing to somewhere near the door handle & listed the mirror lamps seperately. The operator said that she had spoken from someone in the technical department & they had said that they must be the same thing as the mirror lamps - In other words the mirror lamps have 2 names. THIS IS THE FACTORY Rolling with laughter
Anyway I spoke to the dealer & they are at the bottom of the front doors to light up the floor outside the car.

Oh Dear!

I have really lost what your on about. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #54446 9th Jan 2010 3:52 pm
proplus

Executive Valeter wrote:

I read up to this bit and dismissed everything else..........you're comparing a FL2 HSE with a Rover 75 Tourer Conk-for-sure?

Whilst you're at it, why don't you demand 10yrs warranty, 10yrs worth of servicing and 10yrs worth of tyres....

Post #54450 9th Jan 2010 4:21 pm
j77

Scotland 

I don't know about anyone else but when my cars goes into the dealers i have more important things to talk about than why my handbook has five variations of the word 'handbook'. And the left hand drive photos in the hand book has never really gave me cause for concern.

Post #54483 9th Jan 2010 9:08 pm
rmbillington

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

I understand what you mean, some of the things that are options, should possibly be standard (but I guess its the same with all cars these days)

I realise it's frustrating when the people don't know everything about the cars they're selling, but having said that, when was the last time you went to a shop these days, and the person serving you knew what he was talking about?

Post #54488 9th Jan 2010 9:43 pm
The Valeter

proplus wrote:
Executive Valeter wrote:

I read up to this bit and dismissed everything else..........you're comparing a FL2 HSE with a Rover 75 Tourer Conk-for-sure?

Whilst you're at it, why don't you demand 10yrs warranty, 10yrs worth of servicing and 10yrs worth of tyres....

I simply meant that 10 years ago the same company had a better option than on the current model & the relation to the 75 was that they were under the same group at the time of launch & many features were shared.

j77 wrote:
I don't know about anyone else but when my cars goes into the dealers i have more important things to talk about than why my handbook has five variations of the word 'handbook'. And the left hand drive photos in the hand book has never really gave me cause for concern.

I agree it is trivial but as they AGREED if things are not mentioned they can't be improved. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #54496 9th Jan 2010 9:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The Valeter

The Doc wrote:
How can it be "Total Spec" when your having to shake your left arm and move your left leg every 20 secs to change gear?

Does it have xenons?

How does "Quite a lot of Freelander 2 Accessory bits but not automatic nor "OTT" as it get me work spec" sound Whistle

Auto gearbox was an extra £1300.00 which I considered to be a waste of money even though I would have prefered that option.
The dealer said that it is about 50/50 split when it comes to sales regarding automatic or manual gearboxes so one could say the same if you ordered an auto as a manual is a drivers car!
Regarding Xenons, as mentioned in an earlier post they were wanted but again far too expensive.
If I had added these 2 options this would have been an extra £2K on the list price which was high enough as it was & would make virtually no difference to it's value when selling it. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #54498 9th Jan 2010 10:02 pm
zone30

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

I think they did that to make the car cheaper when pure basic. They have a completely stripped version called the S which even hasn't got the TR.

I think they want to enable the people who currently drive the FL1 to be able to switch to the FL2 without too much of a proce difference as the S is under 30k euros and the FL1 was about 25k. Going for a higher spec car (mine was about 42k) would probably too much of a leap up.

And about that handbook issue, here in Belgium i don't think we ever not get multi lingual handbooks on anything. In fact I don't think I would trust it otherwise. And if they screw up the dutch version, like some manuals do, one can always check it in english or french. But then again we speak a few languages here and I don't think that's the case in Brittain...

Post #54666 11th Jan 2010 8:32 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1