Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Service interval?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 

Wintermute wrote:

About the incident with Football Fans in Istanbul, well sh!t happens. Don't hold yourself back because of that npinks. I guess the guys were just at the wrong place at the wrong time. It can happen everywhere.

So two people having a quite drink, enjoying the football song atmosphere, until the fighting started by you lot, which both were not that type of person to be involved, tried to get out of the area of the fights, and got murdered doing so, and you class it as Censored happens Shocked Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #53282 31st Dec 2009 10:23 am
Wintermute

Turkey 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

npinks wrote:
Wintermute wrote:

About the incident with Football Fans in Istanbul, well sh!t happens. Don't hold yourself back because of that npinks. I guess the guys were just at the wrong place at the wrong time. It can happen everywhere.

So two people having a quite drink, enjoying the football song atmosphere, until the fighting started by you lot, which both were not that type of person to be involved, tried to get out of the area of the fights, and got murdered doing so, and you class it as Censored happens Shocked

Look I don't remember the details of the incident, and I certainly don't know who started the fight, whether the victims were a part of the fight or not, etc.

I assume you were personally there together with the victims of this crime, as you are so certain that some people you think I belong to (you lot) started the fight. Whistle

What I wanted to say is football holigans are everywhere including UK and Turkey. I am not saying that such crimes are acceptable, but murders happen in many countries. Don't just judge the contry with a population of 70 m people based on one incident which happened to have claimed lives of two people.

Crime happens also in UK, but I don't have second thoughts about all residents of UK being criminals. Thumbs Up

BTW please give my consolodences to your colleague, and tell him that we are not a bunch of football hooligans, and there are decent people living here. I am sorry for his loss. 2010 Freelander 2 Select TD4 auto....gone
2011 Freelander 2 TD4 auto ...current

Post #53289 31st Dec 2009 11:28 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

I think it best if we leave the topic alone and move along Thumbs Up

BTW I wasn't directing at you personally Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #53290 31st Dec 2009 11:42 am
Wintermute

Turkey 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

Thanks npinks, I am glad this issue is settled and we can get back to normal issues. Thumbs Up 2010 Freelander 2 Select TD4 auto....gone
2011 Freelander 2 TD4 auto ...current

Post #53292 31st Dec 2009 11:45 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Wintermute wrote:
Thanks npinks, I am glad this issue is settled and we can get back to normal issues. Thumbs Up

Turkey is still a fantastic country for Land Rovers and visitors wanting to experience something a bit more exotic than Bognor or Brighton Thumbs Up

In all our visits we have never experienced any such problems as earlier mentioned and we have met many Turkish people from Istanbul to Adana and Biricik to Gaziantep east to Van and back via Erzurum and Ankara - all have been friendly and very helpful. Only in the Cizra area did we meet with some unfriendliness to foreigners, but if you know anything about the politics of the area you will understand why.

It all depends on how individuals behave when visiting countries with a different culture to your own, and of course aggression can be started by the smallest of things - this happens anywhere and of course, however if anybody you know is personally affected by this, its even worst. However to slate a whole country because of one disastrous occurrence is unfair.

Wintermute - Welcome again to the forum and please tell us about your Freelander 2 driving experiences later - I look forward to hearing about them
Thumbs Up
 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #53296 31st Dec 2009 12:18 pm
toolvayne

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

Ha! I got you all beat. Service intervals are 5,000 kms. in Guatemala. Ner Ner 2008 Freelander 2 Td4 HSE Buckingham Blue
2006 Range Rover Td6 HSE Zermatt Silver
*Gone* 2004 Defender Td5 Java Black
*Gone* 1996 Defender Tdi White
*Gone* 2000 Freelander 1.8 HSE Blue
*Gone* 1998 Range Rover Vogue

Post #54018 6th Jan 2010 6:56 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12