Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Mrs Gecko Needs Your Help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
oakwood

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

I never knew about this. I've applied to register in Belgium. As I'm between 40 and 50, just as well I'm here in Belgium.

Post #40160 7th Apr 2009 8:28 pm
Gecko

Vatican 

oakwood wrote:
I never knew about this. I've applied to register in Belgium. As I'm between 40 and 50, just as well I'm here in Belgium.

good on you ! Thumbs Up Good luck

Where r u in Brussels - we live near Montgomery .

Post #40163 7th Apr 2009 9:01 pm
oakwood

Uccle

Post #40180 8th Apr 2009 10:48 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Hi Gekco

Just saw your For sales thread, and thought for a moment that it was Mrs Gekco you was refering too when you said a change in circumstances.... Embarassed

Can I ask how she is doing? Question Hoping she is doing well Smile Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #51459 3rd Dec 2009 2:26 pm
Gecko

Vatican 

Not no getting rid of the Missus..... Laughing I have spent the past year fighting to keep her and happy to report that after having her stem cell (bone marrow) transplant on 30th April she has been fighting her way back. The worse appears to be behind us although fatigue is still a big problem but after what she has been through that is not really a problem at all.
Unfortunately my employer of 8+ years , having agreed that I could take a leave of absence to look after my wife , subsequently decided to make me redundant. I think this was probably the best thing that happened all year because now I don't have to deal with my F##kwit of a boss any more .... on the grand scale of things, redundancy is a minor inconvenience after the year we have had . Plans ar already underway to launch a business venture in the new year so every cloud has a silver lining and each day Mrs Gecko is getting stronger.

Post #51460 3rd Dec 2009 2:37 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Good to hear that your wife is doing well and that there is a positive future for you both.
Best regards from Norway Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #51461 3rd Dec 2009 2:59 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Please to hear that she is on the mend, slow and steady each day at a time and she'll be good as new

I hope the business venture goes according to plan, and I see you over on RRSport showing your new motor or will that be RollsRoyceOwnersForum.com Laughing

Hope your boss enjoys the present you leave him on the last day Whistle I hear a hidden fish works well Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #51462 3rd Dec 2009 3:18 pm
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

npinks wrote:
Please to hear that she is on the mend, slow and steady each day at a time and she'll be good as new

I hope the business venture goes according to plan, and I see you over on RRSport showing your new motor or will that be RollsRoyceOwnersForum.com Laughing

Hope your boss enjoys the present you leave him on the last day Whistle I hear a hidden fish works well Laughing

Not as well as saucy pics of his wife...... Twisted Evil 

Post #51468 3rd Dec 2009 6:47 pm
oakwood

Pleased to hear

Gecko. I'm very pleased to hear your wife got the marrow transplant. As a 43 year old, I could not donate in UK, which has an upper limit of 40. I'm as healthy and fit as I was at 23, so this is a ridiculous limit.

In Belgium, the upper age limit is 50. I went to Erasmus hospital to donate, but found out that anyone who lived in UK between about 1985 and 2000 is not allowed to donate blood (or bone marrow) anywhere in the EU outside UK. This is risk assessment gon mad (not uncommon). Its due to mad cow disease. A disease never actually proven to be linked to the human form CJD. As I said to the doctor, the risk to those who can't get the blood they need is far greater than the risk of them catching CJD from a donor.

Post #51478 3rd Dec 2009 8:16 pm
Gecko

Vatican 

It really is risk assessment gone mad.... We had a hell of a row with the Belgian Red cross who coordinate stem cell donation here . The professor treating my wife was furious that they were blocking and refusing dozens of our friends and colleagues who were queueing up to be tested and get onto the register. In the end it ironiclly came down to a choice of 2 possible donors - one from the UK (mad cow risk and all) and one from Germany. The German one was used but this was only because of better logistics and the donor's availability. To have had 2 possible donor matches was quite something. Happily she is getting better but this year - 2009 - will be waved off on New Years eve with a gleeful farewell and we look forward to a much better 2010 Milestone

Post #51484 3rd Dec 2009 9:26 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12