Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > employment law ...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Get yourself and as many of your collegues as possible unioned up, this will give you more clought and free legal advice well worth the small union fees 

Post #50691 22nd Nov 2009 1:43 pm
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

Check out with the pension administrator about the group life cover. Many schemes allow a continuation option for the individual regardless of health.

Tenet MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #50696 22nd Nov 2009 3:14 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

tenet wrote:
Check out with the pension administrator about the group life cover. Many schemes allow a continuation option for the individual regardless of health.

Tenet

I would not have thought of that, many thanks. Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!
Company cars ... a thing of the past - May 2013.

Post #50734 22nd Nov 2009 11:47 pm
DrownedRat

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Rimini Red

I work in a big company that has lots of TUPE activity - both in and out. My employers are not exactly generous with Redundancy payouts at all levels but I do know that where external employees are TUPE'd in they often end up on terms far more beneficial than others already in the company. Quite often packages are enhanced to meet previous benefits e.g car parking where this was a perk before. As has been said some of these transferred benefits have a time limit but these should be stated at the offer point. Years of service, pay grades etc are all carried over even if these are in excess of the grade ranges in place.

I would suggest Citizens Advice would give good info or Google TUPE if you fancy a read!

Good luck! Thumbs Up There's always a way forward!

2008 Freelander Td4 GS - Stornoway Grey - Now Gone - Sob
2011 Freelander Td4 GS 150 - Rimini Red - in its place - Better x far x 4!!

Post #50802 23rd Nov 2009 10:49 pm
pjb

Sadly as an employer I have had to transfer people in & out under TUPE and to be honest you should be fully protected at least in the short term.

There has to be a consultation process before the transfer - has that happened ?

Also to quote:-

" The regulations ensure that employees are not penalised when they are transferred by being placed on inferior terms and conditions. So , not only are their pre-existing terms and conditions transferred across on the first day of their employment with the new employer, but employees may not validly waive their acquired rights"

As such I think you should ensure that thinking selfishly that you get them to confirm in writing to you that all your rights ie - redundancy pay / life insurance etc are set out in writing the same as previously.

Life ins/ PHI insurance for example can be tacked onto any group personal pension plan at relatively reasonable rates circa 2% of Gross Salary so I cannot see why they will not do this.

Firstly, I think it probably best to try & approach them with your concerns & see if they will address them in writing to you, in which case problem solved, if not it might be worth spending a couple of hundred pounds with a solicitor to get them to suggest you could be looking at constructive dismissal based on the new terms & conditions.

I won't even change the colour of the coffee cups for fear of breaching the TUPE rules !
Regards
Paul D4 Commercial
Mini GP2

Post #51001 26th Nov 2009 10:16 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Thanks again for the replies and advice folks, all very much appreciated. Thumbs Up

The consultation process starts next week I have put myself forward as a representative for the none union group involved in this transfer (there is also a union group involved too) waiting to see if I am selected. Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!
Company cars ... a thing of the past - May 2013.

Post #51269 30th Nov 2009 6:08 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12