Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > For Sale & Wanted > Skoda Octavia VRS in Metallic Black. 2006 55 reg, new shape
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 

No more witch hunting Exclamation

if you don't like a members posts ignore them Exclamation Rolling Eyes Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #51250 30th Nov 2009 1:03 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

If your beer glass gets filled up with shandy instead of the real stuff you complain - you dont leave and find another pub Shocked 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #51254 30th Nov 2009 1:38 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Nope you go back and say they got the round of drinks wrong and move on...... Rolling Eyes Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #51255 30th Nov 2009 1:48 pm
AndyC

There is no point carrying on this line as it seems you won’t accept the point and intend to protect the stupid writings of a simpleton to the end. If you think I am witch hunting you are quite wrong, what I hope for is a sensible forum without threads getting sidetracked in the same direction each time. So if that is how you want the forum to develop then don’t do anything about it and let it carry on developing in that way. A real pity though Neutral 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #51256 30th Nov 2009 2:00 pm
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

United Kingdom 

Although we are predominately a Freelander 2 forum we do have "off topic" areas and posting.

I think this is only right - strictly "on topic" forums are VERY bland and uninspiring to run or take part in, if we can't have a laugh now and again or talk about something which isn't strictly Fl2 related despite the fact that we're here along a common theme then the site would be extremely dull...

Despite that I have to say that given the circumstances this isn't really the place for this ad or the Vauxhall ad, there are better places for them such as Pistonheads, Vauxhall/Skoda owners' sites or eBay and they are really of very limited interest to Freel2 members/owners. Yes there are other ads for non-Fl2 items, but generally not for completely different makes of car! Wink

Post #51257 30th Nov 2009 2:11 pm
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

I must admit I find the fact if I have a problem/question and can pick the brains of hundreds of members at once invaluable, but I probably wouldn't go on here much if it was all bland tech talk. I like the humour and it genuinely makes me laugh.
I think the fact that some non UK questions go unanswered is maybe because they are directed at fellow country members of are quite often location model specific.

Keep the forum as it is but maybe move the car ads to a non FL2 related section?

If you find a particular section boring or think it doesn't relate to you but other members are contributing, then usually I just move on to the next item.

I think there is a lot on here that is non FL2 specific but it all seems to work.

Andy the mods prob work quite hard to keep the forum going, if you don't like why not start your own forum?

Post #51261 30th Nov 2009 3:31 pm
beauchoc

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

I dont see the problem. It is a dull and uninspiring world if we cant help each other out.

For instance I posted a while ago about our stolen Defender - not an FL2 I'll grant you - but I had a number of interesting PM's off the back of it - just by getting the word out there.

The title couldnt have been clearer - if you dont want it dont click it. Its not costing you anything is it. Doubt everyone would be getting so a&sey if it was a none related bargain which they wanted!!

Good grief its a dark day for human nature if we are seriously debating this. 'Freddie' FL2 2007 GS, Sumatra Black, Manual
Stable Mate - Alan - 1963 Series 2 SWB V8.

RIP Hugh our 90 - much loved and missed.

Post #51264 30th Nov 2009 4:30 pm
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

I blame CG.

And not just for this, for everything.

I mean, I cycled through some dog s**t earlier, bet that was his fault.

Post #51266 30th Nov 2009 5:13 pm
charliefoxtrot999

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Galway Green

Apologies to all.
Iguess my last post about life threatening situations was a little too heavy probably due to a long day on the beat.
Just wondering though whether to choose the pink or the black fluffy dice to dangle off the rear view mirror.Can we organise an opinion poll to finish in time for Christmas? 2010 HSE Galway Green auto GONE

Post #51267 30th Nov 2009 5:15 pm
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

charliefoxtrot999 wrote:
Apologies to all.
Iguess my last post about life threatening situations was a little too heavy probably due to a long day on the beat.
Just wondering though whether to choose the pink or the black fluffy dice to dangle off the rear view mirror.Can we organise an opinion poll to finish in time for Christmas?

What happened to Rupert the Bear? 

Post #51273 30th Nov 2009 7:35 pm
Frobius

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Martinique Blue

Caravans are rubbish! There, I said it! Mr. Green Sheep 09MY FL2 Td4 XS, Style Pack, Privacy Glass, Martinique Blue.. oh so very blue..

Post #51286 30th Nov 2009 9:55 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Each to their own Rolling Eyes Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #51288 30th Nov 2009 10:03 pm
AndyC

snappa wrote:
I must admit I find the fact if I have a problem/question and can pick the brains of hundreds of members at once invaluable, but I probably wouldn't go on here much if it was all bland tech talk. I like the humour and it genuinely makes me laugh.
I think the fact that some non UK questions go unanswered is maybe because they are directed at fellow country members of are quite often location model specific.

Keep the forum as it is but maybe move the car ads to a non FL2 related section?

If you find a particular section boring or think it doesn't relate to you but other members are contributing, then usually I just move on to the next item.

I think there is a lot on here that is non FL2 specific but it all seems to work.

Andy the mods prob work quite hard to keep the forum going, if you don't like why not start your own forum?

I agree with you that the mods work hard to keep it together, but starting another forum is not an alternative. The forum is a valuable source of FL2 information which we all have probably learned a great deal from, and helps keep us updated with what is going on at LR. Any alternative forum would only split the competence value that we have today. My concerns are about keeping a reasonable amount sensible discussion in the main topics (but NOT bland and without humour) and the silly stuff in the Off Topic section where it easy to ignore if one wishes.

Regarding the sale of various non FL2 vehicles, the forum rules speak for themselves – The For Sale & Wanted section clearly states “for selling Freelander 2s or anything related to them” 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #51304 1st Dec 2009 8:39 am
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

The world wide wonderweb is littered with over moderated forums run by small minded individuals full of their own importance. They frequently ban their members / contributors for reasons that are not clear to anyone and the threads are populated with posts by people trying to prove they are better than the next member; I'm sure we've all seen it

Happily Freel2.com couldn't be further from this description, the mods do a great job with their light touch approach which works to everyones' advantage, long may it continue. Thumbs Up

Personally I enjoy the banter and I continue to lurk despite no longer being a Freelander 2 owner

(I hope there isn't small print that means I am now excluded because I'm no longer an owner Thumbs Up ) Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!
Company cars ... a thing of the past - May 2013.

Post #51306 1st Dec 2009 9:40 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

avtur wrote:

(I hope there isn't small print that means I am now excluded because I'm a vanner Thumbs Up )
 At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #51307 1st Dec 2009 9:51 am
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>