Home > My Freelander 2 > Watch out!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
10forcash

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey
Watch out!

well i've done it! bought a Freelander 2 commercial that is Wink
not new, but unique... it's one of the first factory builds that was touted round the country as a demonstrator (VX08 EOB), its a TD4 S spec, soon to have a raft of upgrades including cruise control, audio control, second battery, sill protectors & sump guard (once RLD gets his tape measure round it!) together with other goodies that i've not decided on yet - any suggestions? oh, i'm aware of LR's restricted warranty process on upgrades / modifications - i'd welcome the 'discussion' and subsequent climb-down from the dealer Laughing

Did I mention i'm also a site sponsor? Whistle

And i've still got the D3 for fun! Mr. Green

Post #49299 25th Oct 2009 7:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

Ian

Welcome as a sponsor Thumbs Up

& a FL2 owner Thumbs Up .... Is it a auto or manual you went for?

What have you thought about location for a second battery, in the engine bay?

Anyway I'm sure you'll post a few pictures of mods you do and give us a few ideas of our own, I'm expecting to see a fully kitted out FL2 in due course Thumbs Up

it would be good to see some befores and afters on mpg if you do a torque tune, I'm sure some members might be interested Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #49306 25th Oct 2009 8:39 pm
10forcash

Cheers matey, it's a manual 'S' spec, the aux battery will be going under the commercial loadfloor but I will be looking at an alternative location for those with 5 seats, possibly similar to the FFRR installs in the boot
BTW, anyone with the 'global warming' window operation tried programming the sunroof in the same way as the windows?
Torq-Tune works wonders on the FL2 auto's Cool but TBH is not needed on the manuals (compared to the D3's) as there's no transmission lag to counteract

Post #49314 25th Oct 2009 9:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

I don't think anybody has sorted the sunroof to work with the windows, but Its been talked about before by some of those in warmer climates Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #49317 25th Oct 2009 9:30 pm
rmbillington

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Fantastic, seen some of the stuff you've done/do for the D3 boys, welcome aboard.

Would be very interested to see what you get RLD to come up with, he said before that he could do sump and sill gaurds, if people want them, and he can see one to try them on. Can't wait. (possibly also the fuel tank guard a la Mantec, this has always worried me, how low it is)

Rich

Post #49338 26th Oct 2009 10:58 am
10forcash

Don't worry too much about the fuel tank, I also work part-time for LRE and none of their vehicles have ever had a damaged fuel tank Wink a tank guard will also reduce the ground clearance, some LRE centres use the Mantec underbody protection but this seems to cause more issues than it cures...
I can also provide mobile servicing for Freelander 2's to LR spec and using genuine parts (so it won't invalidate your warranty) Thumbs Up

Post #49359 26th Oct 2009 8:23 pm
Rowy

10forcash

Please don't fit any chrome 'goodies' Whistle

Post #49377 26th Oct 2009 11:06 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i don't know how this compares to RLD cost but its a mantec sump and tank guard for £300

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Land-Rover-Freelande...4a9bc23649 Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #49380 26th Oct 2009 11:14 pm
SN

England 

Shocked

Is this going to be Jane's car then - his and hers LR's ? Laughing Steve N | 21MY Defender (on order) | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)

Post #49381 26th Oct 2009 11:26 pm
10forcash

there'll be no faux chrome and it's my 'work van', Jane can drive but chooses not to (be very thankful for that!)

Click image to enlarge

Dunno what Ray is planning but it'll be well engineered, planning on testing it out in Tunisia next year, anyone else want to come along? Whistle

Post #49382 26th Oct 2009 11:36 pm
10forcash

npinks wrote:
i don't know how this compares to RLD cost but its a mantec sump and tank guard for £300

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Land-Rover-Freelande...4a9bc23649
Chances are it's MJ Fews near Bristol that's bought an ex-LRE vehicle with the underguard protection still fitted, the LRE centres are supposed to remove and re-use Rolling Eyes

Post #49383 26th Oct 2009 11:39 pm
rmbillington

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Ahh, that sump guard is tempting... Mmmm, whens my birthday Whistle

Have you got your new van yet 10for (is that what the D3 boys call you?)

Are you taking this to Tunisia, very nice, is this to show people that an FL2 is capable offroad, or will this be your only LR, have you traded in your Disco for it?

Rich

Post #49400 27th Oct 2009 10:15 am
10forcash

I answer to most things..... TFC, 10FC etc. etc.
Still keeping the Disco3, the 'van' is primarily for work but it will be going to Tunisia at some point, a) because I can, b) to hopefully encourage other FL2 owners to come along and c) to keep the mileage down on the Disco3 - it rolled over 100k last weekend
Should be collecting the van on Saturday

Post #49411 27th Oct 2009 12:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1