« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Navigation System
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
beanbagbaggins

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Narvik Black
Navigation System

Anyone delved into the capabilities of the satellite navigation system? I know from reading the forums that its actually a Denso unit but the map disk I have been given is dated 2006. Already I have found loads of roads near where I live that are not quite right because of changes. I went to www.navigation.com/landrover and was disappointed to see there is no update but if I look under Discovery3 or Rangerover there is a 2006-7 disk part number YIW 500200

So it looks like we are stuck with the older map, unless you can bung in a Disco/Rangerover disk - anyone tried?

Post #4380 7th Jul 2007 7:07 am
The Villager

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: Navigation System

beanbagbaggins wrote:
Anyone delved into the capabilities of the satellite navigation system? I know from reading the forums that its actually a Denso unit but the map disk I have been given is dated 2006. Already I have found loads of roads near where I live that are not quite right because of changes. I went to www.navigation.com/landrover and was disappointed to see there is no update but if I look under Discovery3 or Rangerover there is a 2006-7 disk part number YIW 500200

So it looks like we are stuck with the older map, unless you can bung in a Disco/Rangerover disk - anyone tried?

might be worth checking with L/R!
david David

Post #4382 7th Jul 2007 8:31 am
bkehoe

Ireland 

YIW500200 is a year old now, and YIW500250 has the exact same map data as 500200 (Q3 2005). Your FL2s most definatly come with the latest maps available. However, I wouldn't have thought that the DVD from the D3/RRS was compatible with the FL2 system, as it's different isn't it? Check and see what the part number of the DVD already in the system is...

LR/Navteq will be releasing a new DVD for the D3/RRS in the next few weeks with the Q3 2006 maps btw.

Post #4805 21st Jul 2007 6:11 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1