Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > do i have the best fl2 in the uk?????
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
brian27

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Narvik Black

superspark wrote:
Hi Brian,yes i think you are one of only a very few to be so lucky.my car is now 15 months old with 17,000 miles on her and yesterday for the first time i heard a high pitched squeek when driving over a speed bump but was not suer where the sound came from.
It would be great if you could keep us informed when you find out what has been causing the problem Thumbs Up

i should know the answer in the morning as they have left a message on my phone to say it is ready to be picked up 2007 fl2 narvik black ,chrome mirrors,side steps,tinted windows,20" kahn wheels,6000k xenon conversion,black leather,garmin nuvi satnav,silver vision indicator bulbs,clear side repeaters.

Post #46731 20th Aug 2009 7:28 pm
beauchoc

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

I'd like to put mine up for the title of 'worst' Big Cry Big Cry

Having said that does it have to be on the road to qualify!?!? Laughing Laughing Laughing 'Freddie' FL2 2007 GS, Sumatra Black, Manual
Stable Mate - Alan - 1963 Series 2 SWB V8.

RIP Hugh our 90 - much loved and missed.

Post #46733 20th Aug 2009 8:39 pm
Dougden

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Err, Scuse me.......47,000 now with nothing mechanical to complain about. (I don't consider that the seatbelt rubbing is a reliability issue)
Still on the same set of front tyres with 3mm left. Thumbs Up

I have got to be up there but am not prepared to be 2nd best, or 1st of the losers! FL2 TD4 XS Santorini

Post #46753 21st Aug 2009 1:37 pm
brian27

brian27 wrote:
superspark wrote:
Hi Brian,yes i think you are one of only a very few to be so lucky.my car is now 15 months old with 17,000 miles on her and yesterday for the first time i heard a high pitched squeek when driving over a speed bump but was not suer where the sound came from.
It would be great if you could keep us informed when you find out what has been causing the problem Thumbs Up

i should know the answer in the morning as they have left a message on my phone to say it is ready to be picked up

my first trip to the dealers and it was a waste of time as they say they can find nothing wrong 2007 fl2 narvik black ,chrome mirrors,side steps,tinted windows,20" kahn wheels,6000k xenon conversion,black leather,garmin nuvi satnav,silver vision indicator bulbs,clear side repeaters.

Post #46759 21st Aug 2009 5:49 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

brian27 wrote:

my first trip to the dealers and it was a waste of time as they say they can find nothing wrong

wheels too big? Whistle At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #46761 21st Aug 2009 7:39 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Have they said anything about the 20" wheels

I have heard that LR blame too large a wheel on the RRS quite often as it not designed to have 24" wheels on a RRS

I wonder if they might take the same stance with yours as officially the only offer OEM upto 19" Idea Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #46763 21st Aug 2009 7:48 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

RRS problem with bigger wheels relates to cars fitted with the DR trick electro-hydraulic anti roll bars and worn bushes in the steering rather than suspension.
The problem with wheels bigger than 20" on RRS/D3 and FFRR is that the thin side wall that comes with the tyres that are put onto these big wheels ruins the ride making it feel like the air-suspension has failed as the ride becomes extremely harsh. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 22nd Aug 2009 9:44 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #46774 22nd Aug 2009 9:39 am
brian27

npinks wrote:
Have they said anything about the 20" wheels

I have heard that LR blame too large a wheel on the RRS quite often as it not designed to have 24" wheels on a RRS

I wonder if they might take the same stance with yours as officially the only offer OEM upto 19" Idea

nope they never said a single word about them 2007 fl2 narvik black ,chrome mirrors,side steps,tinted windows,20" kahn wheels,6000k xenon conversion,black leather,garmin nuvi satnav,silver vision indicator bulbs,clear side repeaters.

Post #46775 22nd Aug 2009 9:42 am
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Which dealer do you use Brian - Morrison's, Pentland, Stratstone Perth, or one of the Glasgow dealers? How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #46776 22nd Aug 2009 9:47 am
brian27

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Which dealer do you use Brian - Morrison's, Pentland, Stratstone Perth, or one of the Glasgow dealers?

taggarts in motherwell 2007 fl2 narvik black ,chrome mirrors,side steps,tinted windows,20" kahn wheels,6000k xenon conversion,black leather,garmin nuvi satnav,silver vision indicator bulbs,clear side repeaters.

Post #46778 22nd Aug 2009 10:17 am
zone30

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

You guys are lucky I was on vacation, I undoubdedly own the nices looking FL2 out there. No contest really, and with the new entertainment system coming, it'll even has the best of that too. Only problem now is finding descent looking rimms to put under it, as the choises are quite limited at the moment.

Even my dealer still says everythime i speak to him, that it's the best looking one he's seen.

And i even once got a thumbs up from a pedestrian!!!!

Post #46796 22nd Aug 2009 8:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
brian27

zone30 wrote:
You guys are lucky I was on vacation, I undoubdedly own the nices looking FL2 out there. No contest really, and with the new entertainment system coming, it'll even has the best of that too. Only problem now is finding descent looking rimms to put under it, as the choises are quite limited at the moment.

Even my dealer still says everythime i speak to him, that it's the best looking one he's seen.

And i even once got a thumbs up from a pedestrian!!!!

sorry mate but in my opinion you badly need a spoiler and a decent set of wheels Laughing 2007 fl2 narvik black ,chrome mirrors,side steps,tinted windows,20" kahn wheels,6000k xenon conversion,black leather,garmin nuvi satnav,silver vision indicator bulbs,clear side repeaters.

Post #46807 23rd Aug 2009 5:49 pm
zone30

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

I do agree on the wheels, tough i'm not convinced by your choise. What brand are they?
I see u don't have the spoiler yourself, but i wouldn't want one myself.
Too bad you didn't go for the tubes, you must have blue anckles by now from knocking you leg agains those surfboards. Whistle

Post #46809 23rd Aug 2009 6:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
brian27

zone30 wrote:
I do agree on the wheels, tough i'm not convinced by your choise. What brand are they?
I see u don't have the spoiler yourself, but i wouldn't want one myself.
Too bad you didn't go for the tubes, you must have blue anckles by now from knocking you leg agains those surfboards. Whistle

my wheels are 20" kahns , i do have a spoiler fitted now and i think it makes a huge difference to the shape of the back end , as for the side steps i like the look of them but they are a pain in the arse.

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  2007 fl2 narvik black ,chrome mirrors,side steps,tinted windows,20" kahn wheels,6000k xenon conversion,black leather,garmin nuvi satnav,silver vision indicator bulbs,clear side repeaters.

Post #46811 23rd Aug 2009 6:45 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12