« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > To Start, Or Not...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
LCnine

United States 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
To Start, Or Not...

So, I've been reading on the forum for quite a while, and one particular topic that I had not seen yet. Disclaimer, I do LOVE my vehicle, but one issue that's been recurring is bugging the Censored out of me. Anyone have starting problems?

I've seen other issues on this forum that refers to the starting button, but in my case, the engine attempts to turn over and doesn't quite get there. The common scenario, get in the car, key-in, foot on the brake, cross my fingers, push the button and then A) if non-start curse and repeat the prior steps, or B) if start, breathe a sigh of relief.

Now this doesn't happen all the time. Just a couple of times (maybe 1 non-start in 10 tries) in the last 2-3 months, and DEFINITELY not when Land Rover Service is looking at it!!! Laughing I brought it in and they apparently couldn't find anything wrong. They claim that this issue is new to them, and frankly, in a quick search on the net, I couldn't find that many others have had the same problem. Got the car back from service, same thing has continued, except now I've resorted to recording these non-starts on video (off my mobile phone). I'm planning to show these to service next time as proof.

While never being stranded on these non-starts (it eventually turns over between the 6th-12th attempt), it's embarrassing considering it's branded as a high-end luxury vehicle! Anyone else have any experiences? Otherwise if not addressed by LR, I'll consider posting my videos of frustrating non-starts on youtube....

Thanks for any comments.

Post #46533 15th Aug 2009 1:53 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Have they checked the battery is producing the correct voltage and the starter motor is working correctly Question

I hope you have more help with the videos my dealer just dismissed them saying I can't diagnoise a video clip Rolling Eyes Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #46534 15th Aug 2009 8:10 am
LCnine

United States 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

FYI, just got the vehicle back from service. Findings:

"21791 KNOWN SOFTWARE ISSUE. CRANK NO-START. CHECKED FOR AVAILABLE SOFTWARE, SOFTWARE AVAILABLE, UPDATED 'PCM', THIS SHOULD TAKE CARE OF POSSIBLE VAPOR LOCK SITUATION AFTER HOT SOAK VEHICLE HAS EXTENDED CRANK, EVENTUALLY STARTING."

Hope this works. Will keep y'all updated if the problem persists. This posting is for those who might be experiencing similar problems.

BTW, my LR2 is the i6 HSE, automatic.

Post #46732 20th Aug 2009 8:38 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1