« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Dog Crate/ Cage
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 

That similar to the LR one i have just bought,

with the divider you could section an area off for the dogs, then at least you can stack things right up to the roof without the worry of it coming forward on to the rear seat passengers heads or sliding onto the dogs at every roundabout Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #41378 30th Apr 2009 11:05 am
zone30

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

zone30 wrote:
After some investigation I think I probably will get the dog guard and foldable dog kennel so I can stack stuff higher up. The devider makes me loose to much space.

It would be nice to find a dog kennel with detachable legs underneath so I can put some stuff underneath and enable the dogs to look outside. That way I'd leave 80% of the space for luggage.
If less luggage is stored I can put the kennels on the floor.

That's my ideal solution.

Jack Russels arent that big, so I think the devider is not that safe for them in an accident. I'd like to have a smaller area for them. Hence my ideal solution.

Post #41379 30th Apr 2009 11:08 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

Looking at your gallery, it looks like you have the towbar fitted, so what about something like this Question Instead of a roof box for extra storage as it sits behind your car i presume it will be better for the mpg than having something strapped to the roof

Quote:
Apply Thule Back Up and you´ll get 420 litres of extra loading space. A robust luggage box, which gives the car 420 litres of extra space. Perfect if you want to use the car roof for a different load or you want to carry bulky items that need protection.

The Backup 900 fits the Easy Base 949 and also to the Thule EuroClassic Pro and Thule BackPac bike carrier

Not cheap at £220 plus the cost of the bike rack (approx £144) Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #41381 30th Apr 2009 11:18 am
zone30

What's the load it can carry? What load can a bike rack carry as you create quite a big lever on it?
Looks interesting in one way, but I'm worried the leverage it generates if you fill it up with stuff as 420 liters of stuff can add up quite quickly.

If 2 people can jump up and down on the rack without bending it, I might be tempted.

Gonna inquire Thule, just to make sure, tough I still favour my solution. Think it cheaper to create also.

I'm gonna look for a little folding table to get all the bits to make the stand from.
eg:
- http://www.europa2000.be/Producten/Big-Feet/default.aspx
- http://www.kampeertotaal.nl/index.php?opti...cts_id=117

Last one may only needs legs shortened.

another solution: http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/...amp;brand=

Post #41382 30th Apr 2009 11:50 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

One down point of my 'ferplast' solution is that it takes pretty much the entire boot, there is minimal space remaining so the rear seat becomes the load space.

Don't have roof bars/roof box, however the caravan makes a useful extension to the boot !!! Thumbs Up Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!
Company cars ... a thing of the past - May 2013.

Post #41388 30th Apr 2009 1:11 pm
zone30

I seem to remember someone posting a picture of a removable dogguard....
As it will be used to hold luggage in stead of an actual dog, That may be a more flexible solution.

Is the LR dogguard detachable?

Post #41389 30th Apr 2009 1:34 pm
gamesNET2

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

I just wanted to say, I have the cargo barrier and the divider. I also have a springer spaniel and it's ideal for him, plenty of room. I travel to Alps quite a few times a year and he's more than happy being in there for hours on end. I let him out mid way and he jumps straight back in! The divider is great for ensuring he has loads of room and nothing falls on him... With the rubber mat underneath as well it pretty much contains the 'springer mess' that is usually inevitable...

Post #46469 13th Aug 2009 10:40 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12