Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > good customer service .... at last ...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
good customer service .... at last ...

Covered about 270 miles in the car yesterday, without a problem. Set out this morning with a list of 'things' to do (like you do at the weekend!). AAAAArgh radio would not turn on, also the rear parking sensor didn't work; sort of made sense because the parking sensor warnings are delivered through the speakers. Tried about a dozen full restarts, hoping that the boot up at start would clear the problem.... but it didn't. So I made straight for the dealer, which is only 4 miles away. I noticed that it was 11.45am when I arrived so I knew I was pushing my luck to get anything done, but I thought I'd give it a try regardless.

Getting past service reception was like getting past the Doctor's receptionist Whistle Whistle Whistle

However my persistence paid off and within 5 minutes a technician came out to talk to me. I explained that although the lack of radio/parking sensors wasn't a major issue I was concerned in case it was indicative of more serious problems about to develop. I explained that the car had not had any software updates and asked if there was anyway to 'force' a more significant boot up to see if the problem would clear.

Well within 10 minutes that's exactly what he achieved and low and behold that brought the radio/parking sensors back to life, much to my relief because I've got 900 miles planned for this coming week. I had a very interesting chat with the technician about software updates and associated problems, he was more than happy to talk about this.

So, bottom line is that I turned up unannounced, got to speak to someone who understood the problem and was willing and able to effect a temporary fix. I left the dealer about 35 minutes after arriving feeling (for once) very satisfied with the service they had given me. If I'd taken the receptionist's first response I'd have been booked in three weeks next Tuesday, however as a result of my polite but determined request to speak to some there and then we got a result.

Good service at last, three cheers Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post #4627 14th Jul 2007 6:25 pm
The Villager

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey

Hi Avtur
Pleased you at last got the service we would all expect, if not it might be worth the mention you belong to this forum!!! Whistle
David David

Post #4645 15th Jul 2007 9:54 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1