« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Fuel consumption versus performance and ECU mapping
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
landieguy

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HST Auto Stornoway Grey
Fuel consumption versus performance and ECU mapping

Having read the posting made by "s18mcn" on 1st August and its responses, I am left wondering if my vehicle has the latest mapping to the ECU? or more importantly perhaps a mapping that is giving performance over what could be a better mpg. Be interested to get your inputs on this, but do accept that if you have had a mapping reload etc then its possible that dealer hasn't actually told you what version of software you are now running?
Anyone know if mapping to improve mpg over performance is available - personally willing to loose a few seconds to 60mph in favour of a few more mpg. My driving style (hopefully) is erred to bettering fuel consumption but results are still dissapointing.
Mines a HST Auto new March this year.
Thanks

Post #46188 4th Aug 2009 9:10 pm
stormsky

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

Its possible and available on trucks, quite a few companies offering it, can't say I've ever seen it for cars though. A lot of so called remaps are nothing more than boosting the turbo pressure and/or tricking the engine into over fueling, so I'd always be careful of the claims.

Mine was poor from new (circa 30mpg or worse) and took until around 5000 miles on the clock really for the engine to run in and the fuel economy to get up to where it should be (circa 35mpg+) I think just about every new car I've ever had was the same. 58 HSE, auto, lago grey, tints. Mine and my dogs Storm and Sky
TT Quattro, black. Ers.
AC Cobra rep in build. Ars.

Post #46192 5th Aug 2009 7:24 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1