Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > FL2 alternatives?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Rowy

ad210358 wrote:
Isn't the Crosser a rebadged Mitsi Outlander?

I test drove an outlander late 07 and was told it had the 2.0 138bhp Audi/Vw TDi engine-was a nice smooth drive but the interior was all flimsy plastic and the back row of seats was as sturdy as a netto deck chair.

Post #45825 27th Jul 2009 12:05 pm
Ian M

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Izmir Blue

There aren't any alternatives (but I may be biased as I have an 08 SE Td4 auto) In retrospect, I think I got deal of the century - I purchased an April 08 car in January this year with 4,500 on the clock - ex Land Rover, but not one obviously used off road. Price £18.982. I don't think I could get the same car now for anywhere near that price as it appears prices have gone up a little.

Post #45831 27th Jul 2009 5:29 pm
Rowy

Prices definatley gone up, all this talk of new cars made me ring my dealer this aft,
The deal I was offered to change to a RRS last Christmas, my dealer can't get within £5k of now-even though he's offering me £575 more for my 57reg GS than it booked at in December with 10k more miles on.

Post #45841 27th Jul 2009 10:05 pm
jp

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

I now I worked hard on the price for my FL2 and looked all over the country for the right car, but to what you’re all saying it must be worth about £2 to 3 Grand more then I paid for it. Good for me but not good for some one look now. Keep looking and saving harder, all the best Thumbs Up

Post #45847 27th Jul 2009 11:28 pm
Dunk

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Nazca Sand

Not as much a buyers market as was a while back for sure............ Sad

I test drove a 4007 today, 68 miles on the clock so virtually new. I thought it was pleasant enough but lacked the feeling of solidity you get with a Freelander, the ride was smooth and very car like. I have to say first impressions were good on sitting in it...(it was a GT model with stitched black leather), everything fell nicely to hand and I felt very comfy and at home, it has loads of space/cubby holes and the boot with it's split opening would be great for the dogs and for putting me wellies on/off Laughing

Tis' a very nice car, but left me feeling it was a little flimsy, especially after driving it directly after getting out of the BMW which feels like it's been honed from a solid bar of steel in comparison, did feel a little slow too, (sorry didn't mean to offend atall) , but I realise i'll have to put up with that, plenty of torque though Thumbs Up

Atleast I know what to expect of the Outlander/C-Crosser/4007 now, it's a fine car but it just feels just a bit of a tart for me so i'll keep looking for now....I was offered a derogatory(?) px value on my car too so that didn't help much Rolling Eyes

Post #45872 28th Jul 2009 4:11 pm
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

With cars you generally get what you paid for ....i'd steer clear of anything French or Korean. Also its not so much what you pay for a car but how much it is going to cost you that you should be concerned about. 

Post #45873 28th Jul 2009 4:42 pm
Dunk

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Nazca Sand

Me too, had a Laguna a few years back and it started to fall apart after 50,000 miles. The 4007 and the C-Crosser/Outlander are the same car exept the front end/badges and are built in Mitsubishi's factory in Japan, as such i'd imagine reliability to be first rate. I did have a Shogun 2800 GLS years ago and it ran faultlessly for over 100,000 miles and is still going strong now, I see it from time to time near my workplace, god knows how many miles is on it now. The engine in the FL is a Peugeot based unit by the way. I spoke to someone today who has run his for 50,000 miles without fault and it sounded sweet as a nut Thumbs Up

Post #45885 28th Jul 2009 8:07 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12