« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Soggy carpets!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Toolking

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Baltic Blue
Soggy carpets!

We are currently on holiday in the Ariage ( the bit of France just north of the pyrenees. After a great run down Mrs TK (AKA The Toolbuyer) complained that the floor was wet. Having determined that it wasn't her fault Laughing a further inspection showed that the wells under both font seats were also pretty soggy.
The current theory is that the drain from the air con condensor unit behind the dashboard has come off and the water produced has run down underneath the carpet. Have hardly used the air con since the PTC heater was replaced and this is the first long run we have done with it on in hot and humid conditions.perhaps the dealer didn't put it back on properly
Will be investigating later today if I can find a tool to unscrew the T star fitting that holds the trim on. Then leaving the car in the sun with doors etc open to dry it out a bit.
Guess I'll just have to wait by the pool Very Happy He who dies with the most tools wins!

Post #43318 17th Jun 2009 6:44 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Have had the same thing happen on a hire car in Thailand - the aircon drain tube was "kinked" somewhere which stopped the evaporation moisture running out of the car and which overflowed into the car under the front carpets.

We tried to dry the carpets and underlay in the sun and when using the car used newspapers under the underlay to help soak up the moisture. It did take a day or so to figure out what the problem was so the moisture continued to soak the carpets untill we found the cause "kink" (under the car if I remember correctly). 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #43320 17th Jun 2009 7:00 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Call yourself the tool king Confused going away without a full set of Tstars Rolling Eyes your standards are slipping Laughing At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #43321 17th Jun 2009 8:13 am
Toolking

I just couldn't get all of the tools in along with my woodturning stuff (Sun, good company, great food, wine and 4 hours turning a day the ideal way to unwind - Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy - Ok I know I'm sad.

Further investigation today showed that the water level had increased, even though the car hadn't been used. tends to suggets a leak somewhere - sunroof maybe? It did rain yesterday evening.

I removed the bungs at the back of the floor pans that run from the front footwelll to under the middle of the rear seat. large quantities of water came out of each side. The car is now parked in the sun with all of the doors open. Have also emailed the stealer asking them to book it in when we get back next week.

Ah well, better get back to the pool Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy He who dies with the most tools wins!

Post #43362 17th Jun 2009 3:11 pm
Toolking

Car spent today at the stealers. The fault was traced to a disconnected air con drain tube. I suspect it became disconnected earlier in the year when the PTC heater was replaced and the air con has not been run much since. He who dies with the most tools wins!

Post #44335 2nd Jul 2009 6:42 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

So do you drive France then build your own chalet ? At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #44336 2nd Jul 2009 7:00 pm
Toolking

Laughing Laughing

When the owners of the converted mill we stay at were rebuilding the old grange into more accomodation they offered a course where you paid to learn how to make window frames. Strangely the completed windows fitted the holes in the grange.

Shouldn't be surprised as the owner is from the sheffield area He who dies with the most tools wins!

Post #44339 2nd Jul 2009 7:58 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1