« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Torque Pro App
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Dean1234

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Biscay Blue
Torque Pro App

I was playing around on the Torque Lite app the other week that I've used for getting basic fault codes using a bluetooth OBD2 adaptor. While I was having a fiddle, I noticed that you can setup a layout to have real-time displays shown to give various readouts.

It then got me pondering whether I could integrate the readouts into a video to see more of what is going on with a Freelander 2 as it drives. So this was my first attempt:

I then brought the full Torque Pro app from the play store, changed a few dials and run it again while we were out in Long Mynd:

I'd like to keep running with this idea into the future as I love seeing all of these small details which makes a car run. But while I can put a basic video together, I don't know my arse from my elbow when it comes to any form of computer or car language. Laughing

I know this forum is full of very clever and knowledgeable people. As far as I'm aware, the app uses PID's (which I assume are addresses) to fetch the relevant information from each sensor to display it within the app. I've noticed that ALOT of sensors are greyed out within the Torque Pro app and I'm going to assume it's either because the app doesn't have the correct PID/address to be able to fetch the data or that the car is tightly locked down and there is no way of fetching the data.

Also, the gauges that do work I feel like could be reading slightly out. For example, while Alana was driving yesterday I had the intake manifold display running. When we pulled up at a set of lights, the start/stop kicked in to turn the engine off but the intake manifold pressure was sitting at 14 psi still which I would've thought it should've dropped to 0 psi while the engine was off? Thanks to Pab below for answering this question.

So I guess my main question is, could we, as a community develop a set of PID's (if that's the right term) for the Torque Pro app that we could all benefit from for the Freelander 2? Also my second question. Is it possible to get any sort of Haldex data to show through the Torque Pro app? Or even any terrain response data at all such as what wheel is being braked when there is wheel slip? I think it would be fascinating to visually see what's going on with the drivetrain using the Torque Pro app.

Thanks to anyone taking the time to read my long post. Smile

- Scott https://www.youtube.com/@scottandalana4x4

Last edited by Dean1234 on 4th Mar 2024 10:50 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #439801 4th Mar 2024 10:34 am
pab

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Lago Grey

14 psi is atmospheric pressure. At zero you’re in trouble…. Smile

Post #439803 4th Mar 2024 10:47 am
Dean1234

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Biscay Blue

Laughing Thanks alot Pab for ticking that little issue off the list. Thumbs Up https://www.youtube.com/@scottandalana4x4

Post #439804 4th Mar 2024 10:49 am
Nodge68

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Rimini Red

The MAP displays an absolute pressure, meaning it shows atmospheric pressure when there's no boost, boost being on top of off boost pressure measured. For instance, a boost pressure reading of 28 PSI means there's 14 PSI of boost above atmospheric pressure of 14 PSI. 2009 Rimini Red SE TD4. Soon to be sold.
Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ultimate on order.
Gone. 2006 Tonga Green i6 HSE.

Post #439808 4th Mar 2024 2:12 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1