Home > Technical > Alarm Fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Stevea

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

Quote:
one of those times might have been when I was nicking your exhaust trim Whistle

Typical, goes off when a sparrow farts 600 yards away, but not a peep when a northern chicken farmer molests your nice chrome tail pipe and has it for himself! Rolling Eyes 2008 SE, HSE wheels, Black Premium Leather, Privacy Glass, Sports Kit, Side Steps, various LED upgrades and Clear side indicators.

Post #34048 5th Jan 2009 3:11 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Stevea wrote:

northern chicken farmer molests your nice chrome tail pipe

I aint never done such a thing Shocked At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #34055 5th Jan 2009 4:42 pm
alxx

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

Stevea wrote:
Strange... For the year i've owned the car, i've never had the alarm go off, yet since it's first service (December 2008), the alarm has gone off about 4 or 5 times now, usually shortly after i have parked up on the drive and locked the car?

Also, why such a wimpy sounding alarm, i was under the impression the alarm sound was the same sound as the panic alarm (horn etc), so the first time it went off it took me 2 or 3 minutes to realise it was the landy!

Steve

One stupid question : How does the alarm sounds? Shocked
Isn't it the same horn beep , like when you try to lock the car and a door is open ?
I don't remember hearing it and I have the car for almost 1 year ! Except for some horn sounds a long time ago.

Post #35647 27th Jan 2009 3:27 pm
Tonyrec

United Kingdom 

nicam wrote:
Update - my alarm had a weekend of madness - going off repeatedly, then OK, then just the siren sounding but no lights flashing! called LR Assist who sent out the local recovery firm!! He only had a basic fault reader (rather than the Laptop system), and it showed no fault.
Disconnected the battery to get a bit of peace, and rang the dealer who checked with LR to see if it was a known fault. They came back with "Have you had any problem with Auto lights and Auto Wipers". Well, Yes I had - the lights had started coming on in normal daylight and the wipers were also very sensitive for a few days last week. I had put it down to a dirty windscreen over the sensors and had even washed it. Shocked
The dealer thus claims to know what the problem is and has ordered a BBS. (I believe that this is a battery backed sounder). Now waiting, deafened, for it to come in.

Our 07 car has just been recovered to our local dealer with the same fault and circumstances. The other day, the light kept coming on during the day whilst on auto and today the alarm hasnt shut up.......at least until it was on the back of a recovery truck.

Ho hum.........cant wait to get it back again and at least by now the dealer MUST know whats wrong with it. Discovery Sport Hse Lux, Santorini Black, Ivory Leather Interior, Factory Privacy Glass, removable tow bar.

Post #40686 17th Apr 2009 9:05 pm
Tonyrec

United Kingdom 

Stealers have confirmed that it is indeed the BBS (as in previous posts)......................they should get a one tomorrow and then we should get the car back. Although it is nice in the brand spanking new 09 HSE that we have as a loner.
Not wishing to put it down but it doesnt look as 'nice' without the privacy glass or the xenons, but thats another debate!
I do like the new 'silver coloured' aux power covers that are in the centre console, they are like little cigar lighters and not like the plastic/rubbery things in ours that fall off as soon as you look at them.

Could be a call to the stealers in the morning to order a pair so that they will match my cubby box Whistle Discovery Sport Hse Lux, Santorini Black, Ivory Leather Interior, Factory Privacy Glass, removable tow bar.

Post #40852 21st Apr 2009 7:39 pm
Tonyrec

United Kingdom 

Back home again and all fixed. Thumbs Up Discovery Sport Hse Lux, Santorini Black, Ivory Leather Interior, Factory Privacy Glass, removable tow bar.

Post #41030 24th Apr 2009 7:33 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

dont break it again otherwise we will take it off you Evil or Very Mad At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #41032 24th Apr 2009 8:00 am
Tonyrec

United Kingdom 

chicken george wrote:
dont break it again otherwise we will take it off you Evil or Very Mad

Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up Discovery Sport Hse Lux, Santorini Black, Ivory Leather Interior, Factory Privacy Glass, removable tow bar.

Post #41072 24th Apr 2009 1:40 pm
pelyma

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

We had this yesterday on my wife's Fl2. By 11pm I disconnected the battery. Went off again 3am; so I staggered out thinking how the Censored ing hell is it doing that to find it was a neighbours house alarm Laughing Embarassed

LRA have been out this morning - top job took out the BBS and is off to get a new one which he is going to fit this afternoon or tomorrow. A pain that it has gone wrong but top marks to LRA for their service. All cars have problems but it is how they deal with it that leaves the real impression Thumbs Up D4 HSE Lux for me
FL2 HSE Zermatt & Alpacca for the wife now gone
Skoda Yeti L&K for the wife.

Post #41420 1st May 2009 8:59 am
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

pelyma wrote:

LRA have been out this morning - top job took out the BBS and is off to get a new one which he is going to fit this afternoon or tomorrow.

My BBS was removed by the dealer ...December 2008... they tell me they are STILL waiting for the part Shocked Shocked

This is the same dealer that wont acknowledge a battery fault despite 5 unexplained flat battery/fail to start events ... but then you know my feelings about dealers ... Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!
Company cars ... a thing of the past - May 2013.

Post #41421 1st May 2009 9:14 am
jimmy

Denmark 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Tonyrec wrote:
I do like the new 'silver coloured' aux power covers that are in the centre console, they are like little cigar lighters and not like the plastic/rubbery things in ours that fall off as soon as you look at them.

Could be a call to the stealers in the morning to order a pair so that they will match my cubby box Whistle

.........make sure that they don't slip into your pocket by accident................. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #41425 1st May 2009 12:25 pm
pelyma

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Had a call for the guy to come back and fit the part 6pm this evening. Avtur seems your dealer needs to be changed to one who can give a toss D4 HSE Lux for me
FL2 HSE Zermatt & Alpacca for the wife now gone
Skoda Yeti L&K for the wife.

Post #41428 1st May 2009 1:22 pm
Cypress

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Hmmm,

So there is no back order for the BBS, looks like a call to the dealer to get them moving on the replacement, as mine was taken out 2 months ago . . .

Paul;

Post #41513 4th May 2009 8:15 am
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

Mine started going banzai last night.
First the alarm with lights, then just alarm.

It was so quiet I didn't even think it was my motor and silently cursed the Censored whose alarm was ruining my evening !

Joys another fault Shocked

Post #43855 25th Jun 2009 9:17 am
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

Update.
Called LRA out tonight as alarm going off like mad.
LRA TEXTED me to say when guy coming (?!).

Recovery guy (not LRA) turned up and removed the sounder. It is now wrapped in towels waiting for it to die.

I am taking it to the stealer Monday.

TEXTED me......

They used to phone you back to see how you got on with the mechanic but no more I see Rolling Eyes

Post #43957 26th Jun 2009 9:31 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12