Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Mystery beeps on unlocking Freelander MY2013
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
marksy

2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Santorini Black

Thanks, I did have a look before posting but did not read it start to finish, I figured the quickest way forward was to ask the experts. Appreciate the info.

Post #245658 20th Dec 2014 11:10 am
Will66

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green
Mystery beeps

Late addition to this thread but we had the beeps when unlocking our newly purchased 2014 Freelander. The ex Landrover technician at the dealer said it is an audible warning that identifies the “volumetric sensor” is not functioning.
I pulled it from the head lining did the unplug and replug of the green connector (as suggested in other articles on this forum)blew out dry debris and it cured it. No more beeps ! And the alarm now sounds if you double lock and something moves in the car.
Hope this helps

Post #401903 31st Dec 2020 10:12 am
Arctic

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Quote:
[quote="Winslet"]Hi

Before I did a hard reset, I did take the car back to the dealer. The service guy said they didn't know why it had started doing it, but that it could possibly be stopped by modifying one of the on board files... I suspect if they did this it would still result in some form of reset.

[code]The hard reset worked for me (both battery terminals off, hold together for 30 seconds and I left it it for 15 min or so before reconnecting). The only things I saw that had changed, apart from stopping the beeping, was the clock, trip computer records and the one shot window function (which can be reset via the handbook instructions).

I don't know of any other way.

Hope that helps.

The hard reset touching the positive & negative leads together, is that not dangerous, could it not damage certain modules on the car.?

Wondering now if the last post is the answer, somehow i think it maybe a signal alert saying the main battery is getting low past it's best anyone think the same.

Post #438701 23rd Jan 2024 12:22 pm
Arctic

Re: Mystery beeps

Quote:
Will66 wrote:
Late addition to this thread but we had the beeps when unlocking our newly purchased 2014 Freelander. The ex Landrover technician at the dealer said it is an audible warning that identifies the “volumetric sensor” is not functioning.
I pulled it from the head lining did the unplug and replug of the green connector (as suggested in other articles on this forum)blew out dry debris and it cured it. No more beeps ! And the alarm now sounds if you double lock and something moves in the car.
Hope this helps

Hi Will.
Worth taking a look at this to see if it works once the rain stops here and the winds get lower, thank you for posting up your solution.

Post #438702 23rd Jan 2024 12:27 pm
JulesK

Wales 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Firenze Red

Hi all, just replaced the interior motion sensor but still got double beep on unlocking Censored
Bit worried about athis hard reset thing as I've been electricuted once before (should I be worried) If it wasn't so bad it'd be funny.

🐑
Freelander 2 HSE auto 2014 ( Florrie ) ..... Try again.
Freelander 2 GS 2012...... Gone.

Post #438743 24th Jan 2024 2:26 pm
Badger51

Australia 

For those of you concerned about doing the ‘hard reset’, you can always connect a 12v lamp across the leads, once disconnected. (Now Sold). 2008 Freelander 2 (Nazca Sand) SE TD4 Auto. Statutory write off & on WOVR for hail damage but still road legal.
171037Km as of 09/05/22
Superchips Bluefin Flash
Nanocom Evo II (also sold)

Post #438783 24th Jan 2024 10:25 pm
Arctic

Fixed Fingers 🤞 crossed

Well somehow i don't know why but the two bleep as solved it's self later yesterday about 16.38pm, during the day leading up to trying the hard reset which as we know i did not complete before finding out about the wiring on the battery, which John and wunderlust have kindly answered, yes saw that video a few days back.

I opened all the doors bonnet and boot, closed them all, still the 2 bleeps, on open of the fob, next i made up a bulb ready to bridge the positive & negative leads once removed from the battery poles/terminal's.

So i undid the nuts to the poles ready but as above had second thoughts when seeing the wiring, so tighten them back up, shut the bonnet my son then turned with our grand daughter so FL2 playing was not more.

This time i locked the doors one press then another press for total locking, but then i held the locking button down for about 5 seconds, then went inside out of the cold to have drinks with son etc, when he was leaving i went to show him the two bleeps on opening with fob No longer there ? so don't really know what has solved it, maybe the Landrover gremlins have had enough playing for a while who knows.

Will check again later today around 10.30am just be fore they both have there weekend fluid and tyres checks plus the weekly washing they have.

Happy to say no bleeps today so far. 28-1-24

Post #438894 28th Jan 2024 3:33 pm
JulesK

Beep beep update...
Replaced interior motion sensor, still Censored beep beep, up to local garage and still showing *permanent volumetric interior sensor fault Censored
Back home... Unticked ALL boxes on vehicle set up ( clutching at straws springs to mind ) No change.
Locked and unlocked few times , No change by this time peed right off, and dark so double locked car as normal overnight went to go out in morning to start again and NO beep beep , tried throughout the day and all good. So is it like man from powerful UK video and it needed a few circuits of ignition?

Diolch everyone for help and input. If it wasn't so bad it'd be funny.

🐑

Post #438910 29th Jan 2024 9:59 am
Arctic

The volumetric sensor was full of debris, blown in from when the sunroof is open presumably.

As stated in other posts you just pull the sensor downwards carefully.

Put it on a clean paper towel undo the two 15 torx screw's and lift, slightly open the sides with your fingers and he board will come out.

Debris from the sensor.

Also recovered a couple of stickers.

blow it out, a small brush was used and the electrical connector was given a quick blast with contact cleaner.

The board refitted and the sensor reinstated to the roof of the FL2

So hard reset was the next plane, but as you can read above i never got to do the hard reset.

Below would need doing if I'm correctly advised, after a reset.

Reset as follows:
1.Close the window fully.
2.Release the switch, then lift it to the close position and hold for 1 second.
3.Repeat the procedure on each window.
4. maybe the clock?

We/I will never know now what brought it on and what cured it so far.

Post #438911 29th Jan 2024 11:08 am
BossBob

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Holding the locking button for 5 seconds activates the global window lowering or raising! Perhaps it was as simple as a window not quite fully closed but I’d have expected the horn to sound rather than a beep!

Post #438912 29th Jan 2024 11:43 am
JulesK

Yes, artic mine was full of a forest too but was still faulty after a good clean, local dismantles £30. Sorted. If it wasn't so bad it'd be funny.

🐑

Post #438913 29th Jan 2024 12:01 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12