Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > ulez
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
BossBob

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

As for buses, since I became eligible for a bus pass they’ve stopped the route that used to go past the front door. It may be a nice 10 minute walk down the hill to the bus stop that is still served but the walk back up the hill with whatever has been bought isn’t so good. I think I’ll take the car!

Post #437374 28th Nov 2023 1:45 pm
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

The parking QR code scam has already happened. Scammers posted their own QR code sticker over the official council one, people couldnt get a mobile signal so tried using the QR instead and the rest is rip off history
Seems a lot of car parks dont have mobile signal recently so makes you wonder if its the scammers are using signal blockers to force drivers to use the dodgy QR

Post #437375 28th Nov 2023 1:47 pm
Rommel

England 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Fuji White

I simply will not go anywhere near a ULEZ zone in my FL2 or pay any council or TFL any of my pension. if I need to go anywhere in a ULEZ zone I will use my MGB which is exempt but more polluting than the FL2 or use the old boilers car which is compliant, just not going to pay. though I use my bus pass a lot as where I am the services are very good. 2013 FL2 XS.
Defender 90 300 TDi.
Defender 90 300 TDi CSW.
1964 MGB Roadster.
1944 Willys MB "Jeep" with bullet holes. (gone)
17 hand Irish Drought Thoroughbred (mostly lame)
Nagging Old Boiler.

Post #437378 28th Nov 2023 3:16 pm
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

BossBob wrote:
As for buses, since I became eligible for a bus pass they’ve stopped the route that used to go past the front door. It may be a nice 10 minute walk down the hill to the bus stop that is still served but the walk back up the hill with whatever has been bought isn’t so good. I think I’ll take the car!

Once you are in Bristol the Bus services seem very good and regular, and the buses are modern and clean.
I tend to use the local Long Aston 'Park and Ride' which is very good and has its own route in and out of town.
Unfortunately on my last two Eye Hospital appointments ( I am asked not to drive to and from) the local inter-town bus service has failed to turn up and I have been forced to drive to the P&R site, and thus not been able to have my full eye test.

The Bus company keeps complaining about the lack of skilled drivers and cash. (not helped on my part by using a bus pass) FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 76k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #437381 28th Nov 2023 4:34 pm
Just a driver

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Stornoway Grey

Bus passes are great but it can kill off bus services. In a tourist area with campsites in the day the bus can be full with oap going out for the day but no paying customers and the bus companies can’t make it pay. I have used a bus during the day to collect the car and I was the only person to pay on the bus.

Post #437383 28th Nov 2023 6:01 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Pretty sure the bus companies don't foot the bill for those that get free bus passes. It’s all logged and the local authority that issued the pass, pays, although I do believe they get a bit of a discount. Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #437384 28th Nov 2023 6:25 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 
Re: ulez

mike42 wrote:
Hello all, just wondering how you lot in outer London are getting on with the dreaded ulez charge.
I'm in Orpington right on the edge of the zone,have kept the freelander 2 but had to buy a cheap petrol corsa to run about localy, I'm a big bloke, not easy getting in/out of the corsa , just hopeing things will change May next year...Same subjet , my friend has a freelander 2 ,older than mine, and tey live right in the zone but because they have a private No plate the ulez website dosnt recognise it, it says this car shoud be compliant..Theyve not recieved any fines as yet....any thoughts?? mike

I also have an old non compliant car and live in an outer London borough and my workplace was in an inner London ULEZ zone so I used to have to pay to go into that zone. When the expanded zones came into force, I 'gave' my non ULEZ compliant car to my mum who has a blue badge and is getting attendance allowance. It’s now exempt in both the original and expanded ULEZ zones until 2027 plus, it’s also exempt from the central London congestion charge.She lets me use it any time. In fact I look after it for her and keep it at my house. Whistle Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #437385 28th Nov 2023 6:34 pm
Just a driver

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Stornoway Grey

Steve D wrote:
Pretty sure the bus companies don't foot the bill for those that get free bus passes. It’s all logged and the local authority that issued the pass, pays, although I do believe they get a bit of a discount.

A local bus company that pulled out said that the amount that the council paid has been reduced year on year and that they could not make it pay so pulled out.

Post #437388 28th Nov 2023 7:14 pm
BossBob

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Sounds familiar. The local authorities do the same to care homes and childminders!

Post #437390 28th Nov 2023 10:17 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12