« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > AUTOGLYM Rapid Ceramic Spray
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
OLOSTEVE

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Firenze Red
AUTOGLYM Rapid Ceramic Spray

My, Norfolk Kids bought me an Autogym exterior pack for my birthday. Included was the rapid ceramic spray.
I've got to say I'm very impressed, I used it over the weekend and found it very easy to use. I used the applicator method and did 2 coats leaving 24 hours between coats. It seem to add depth of shine but more importantly it helped cover the fine scratches picked up from the unmaintained hedge rows in North Norfolk. Today after the first rain we've had for a week or so I was amazed as it beaded up so well it was almost dry, on the bonnet and roof.
It says on the pack it's good for 3 months so here's hoping but I will defiantly being using it from now on.

Post #435659 12th Sep 2023 8:12 pm
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

How far did you go with the prep stage ?

Post #435660 12th Sep 2023 8:58 pm
OLOSTEVE

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Firenze Red

Used the Red T cut on scratches cleaned off with waterless clean and polish. Made sure panel was clean and dry then applied 2coats of ceramic.

Last edited by OLOSTEVE on 15th Sep 2023 11:38 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #435665 13th Sep 2023 8:55 am
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

That’s a good prep when I did mine with a ceramic coating I considered using a clay bar but read about marring and bottled out of it. The one I used you couldn’t drive the car for 4 hours ? Then you were supposed to keep it dry for 24 hours then if you re coat leave it a week. I’ve been impressed with the results though applying it was the easy bit as I’m sure you found the prep is the time and effort consumer.

Post #435667 13th Sep 2023 9:26 am
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Always dubious about the longevity claims from these manufacturers, most of them are somewhat exaggerated.
I tried Meguiars spray on ceramic wax and was very disappointed with its performance.
Personally prefer waxing the car which I tend to do every few weeks. Give us a few updates on how long it continues to bead water, if it genuinely is decent I might give it a go. Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #435676 13th Sep 2023 9:40 pm
Thrud

United Kingdom 

I have used the Autoglym ceramic spray a lot, excellent results as OP says. I also sprayed on rinsed/wet bodywork after using an autoglym flexi blade and it seems to aid drying, giving a great finish. Better price per wash than megs ceramic rinse off coating and a more repeatable smear free finish I found. As Bobupndown recommends, a good layer of bilt hamber double speed wax then Autoglym ceramic coating....now you're talking a good finish! Polishing/detailing cars is a bad rabbit hole to go down though, a bit like getting into making 'proper coffee' using beans/grinder etc.
You can spend your life researching these rabbit holes and get only marginal gains in return.
Glad to hear about your gift set Olosteve, autoglym is fantastic stuff, happy cleaning!

Post #435684 14th Sep 2023 8:07 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1