« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Rego check
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
littlecub

Australia 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Alaska White
Rego check

This morning I went down to the mechanics who do rego checks when you transfer rego from one state to another ( QLD -- TAS).
When he started to check the lights, the left headlight went. After replacing that and checking the lights again, this time the right side was out. I hate these HB3 lights already Censored The rest of the check was pretty straight forward,altho checking the engine number was a bit time consuming.
Thankfully I have some HID's coming from the UK so I'll change them over when they arrive.

cheers
littlecub

Post #435451 4th Sep 2023 10:41 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

The halogen globes aren't brilliant (had better on my Peugeot 504). But we don't drive in the outback at night, nor dawn or dusk for that matter, kangaroos can write-off your car. At the very least major damage at a seriously inconvenient & very remote location! Have seen dead kangaroos in 2s & 3s every 50 metres for 10km in Western Australia. Carnage out there.

I do like 3200k lighting, it is easier on the eyes, I don't get +7000k lighting.

But in the city no issues. Far better than all the car headlights in Sydney pointing everywhere than where they should, or one headlight not working. Car lighting is a complete fail these days... front & back... including numberplate illumination.

But, never had a globe fail, but they are Philips, same as I use around our block of Units.

Maybe some are using Chinese rubbish.

Just this evening, regular 11km, about half a dozen headlight issues. About 4 rear light issues. Almost forgot, in a local street 500m from home, a trailer & the right hand hazard light not working. So an indicator fail.

I wonder if the mechanics are actually checking anything for rego.

Let's not get onto leather brake pad benchmark for NSW! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #435456 4th Sep 2023 12:36 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1