Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > What did you do in your FL2 today?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 126 of 132 <123 ... 125126127 ... 130131132>
Print this entire topic · 
Chrism551

2012 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Wow, that’s grubby. Thinking of contacting Bell’s for a general trans check, haldex, diff ptu and gearbox service / oil change as appropriate. Not sure if they do autos though as not mentioned on their website.

Post #435218 25th Aug 2023 7:27 pm
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

Whilst using my 'secret' back road routes to travel across country avoiding our local TRAFFIC JAMMED motorways--

On a very narrow twin track, with lengths of single track road, I came up behind the beginnings of a queue waiting for a huge artic lorry to back up an adjoining lane.
After many attempts, the lorry driver could not align the trailer (even with help and encouragement from bystanders - watching the rear), and as the lane had by now filled up behind me, we were stuck.

Luckily someone had called the police, and with Blues and Twos the response car somehow with a lot of shuffling amongst the waiting cars came to the front.

After a chat with the lorry driver, the police organised for cars, starting at the back, to reverse or turn around, and thus we were able to escape.

I am sure that as Sat Navs become more and more used we are experiencing more and more near misses as the large lorries thunder past us using what are really country lanes.
The road signs indicating the 'main road' HGV routes and/or Weight Restrictions are just being ignored.

It is often becoming quite dangerous. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 76k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #435223 25th Aug 2023 9:39 pm
RealBeale

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

A spot of (very limp wristed) road rage. Had 3 guys in an AMG Mercedes tailgate me. They eventually decided on an overtake - until they saw the police car 2 in front of me, then held back and ducked in to a side road, I assume because he wasn't displaying a number plate on the front. My road was the next one along the main drag, so thinking no more of it I turned off in to my road . As I approached my house, the AMG came steaming down the hill towards me at speed (limit is 20mph).He must have really been travelling to drive down the first road, that leads to mine and get to where I was, so naturally I called him a "F'king Tw4t" as he sped past. I pulled up outside my house and decided to sit for a while before going in. The AMG crew had done a circuit of the adjacent road and were now facing me. "Oh s4it" I thought - maybe they're crazed drug dealers or some menacing gangland bosses.
I wound the window down as the driver pulled up next to me and in my best "hard man" voice stared him in the eyes and said "Yeah.........?"
I nearly Censored myself laughing when the driver in a really camp voice says, "What the F gives you the right to call me a F'king Tw4t when I've done absolutely nothing wrong ?"
I started to tell him exactly what he'd done wrong, when he interrupted and said, "No, you listen to me , what's with the twin exhausts at the back ? You're driving a f'king Freelander you stupid (inaudible)" As he proceeds to rev his little load before dumping the clutch and speeding off.
I sat there killing myself laughing.
For a second I thought I was in trouble, before he opened his mouth. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #435226 25th Aug 2023 10:59 pm
MotionInc

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

Many, many, many years ago, when some nut followed me home one late night but then drove off, something the next morning told me to walk around my vehicle which I had left parked on my drive..... fruitcake had come back and loosened the lugs on one of my wheels. Some people are just not right in the head.

Post #435228 26th Aug 2023 12:50 am
NeilTD4

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

Chrism551 wrote:
Wow, that’s grubby. Thinking of contacting Bell’s for a general trans check, haldex, diff ptu and gearbox service / oil change as appropriate. Not sure if they do autos though as not mentioned on their website.

After going for a drive yesterday I decided to do another 'refresh' this morning as I had one tube left. I'd put two tubes in on the previous occasion.

There was still some grot in what I syringed out...

I had to book Bell's well in advance when I had my Haldex service last year...

Post #435279 27th Aug 2023 5:15 pm
Thrud

United Kingdom 

Gave the Freelander 2 a bit of love this weekend. I used Poorboys Black Hole, it's a show glaze for dark cars and was amazing for hiding small swirls and scratches. After applying and buffing I used Bilt Hamber speedwax, then gtechniq C2V3 ceramic coating. It was hard, hot work but thankfully my wife was a great help.
It is very satisfying seeing a 12 year old vehicle get back to looking super! Won't be doing it again for a while, I think I'll still be recovering in a week. Should have used my DA polisher, but couldn't be bothered to dig it out 🤣

Post #435448 3rd Sep 2023 7:35 pm
Geobloke

Wales 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Zermatt Silver

I bought a second hand DA polisher last week with the intention of giving Phoebe a treat, but ended up working on the Defender instead Rolling Eyes

I did receive the inner tie rod tool I needed this morning thought, so I can get on with replacing those one evening this week.

Post #435450 4th Sep 2023 9:51 am
balticblueLR2

Australia 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Baltic Blue
New Fuel Filler Cap

New OE Diesel fuel filler cap LR034129 fitted today. For nearly a year of ownership I have been putting up with a separated cap, the torque-limiting mechanism being long departed. The yellow cover has been swinging around in the breeze and the locking core finger tight in the hole. A bit of a pain (literally) to get the core out with no leverage, and then finding somewhere to put it while refueling...
All good now, and at last I can use the little peg on the fuel cover flap to hang my cap on. It's the small things...

There's plenty more to do of course: a car of this age & mileage needs to be maintained, but it still ticks along quite well and it's a pretty nice place to be.

Post #435584 9th Sep 2023 4:41 am
MotionInc

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

Replaced left side rear swaybar drop link, peace and quiet!

Post #435625 11th Sep 2023 9:57 am
Rommel

England 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Fuji White

Berkshire to The North York Moors, never missed a beat and returned good MPG 1200 Mile round trip.
Spotted a LOT of FL2s in Yorkshire they seem popular up there a rare sight here in Sandhurst Berks.

Click image to enlarge
 2013 FL2 XS.
Defender 90 300 TDi.
Defender 90 300 TDi CSW.
1964 MGB Roadster.
1944 Willys MB "Jeep" with bullet holes. (gone)
17 hand Irish Drought Thoroughbred (mostly lame)
Nagging Old Boiler.

Post #435706 15th Sep 2023 4:08 pm
ozjeff62

Australia 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Ipanema Sand
Fuel filter change

If I ever Censored look at another stinking Land Rover piece of Censored I have told my wife to beat the crap out of me.

Fuel and oil filter change today. The oil filter was a doddle. ***

That Censored of a fuel filter though. I'd love to have a sit down chat with the miserable Censored piece Censored Censored with Censored for brains that decided it can't prime itself and put so many bits of Censored crap in the way of getting at it. Syringe didn't work. Got a bloody priming bulb wrong sized fitting coz of course Censored Land Rover wants to have different size ports that just don't fit anything else.

It ran for a few seconds then cut out, not unexpected but not welcome. Disconnect pipes, try to get fittings to work so the bulb is flowing fuel in the right direction but nothing worked stinking bulb doesn't seem to have a non-return valve, I use my mouth to suck fuel through the return pipe, the inlet pipe, put the Censored filter back together, engine cranks and runs.

So thankful, put the shields back on (why does a fuel filter need such a hefty shield anyway), leave it running, go to get the air filter to install, stinking motherless Censored wit Censored of a car cuts out an won't restart. Fiter is probably empty again.

Maybe I'm lucky and the end of the camshaft has shorn off so the HP pump doesn't turn.

Sick to Censored death of this irrational Censored design that LR Censored throws at us.

Have a good day tomorrow guys. You poor bastards.

*** Holy Censored I am so traumatised by the fuel filter I forgot about the oil filter. The filter was so wedged onto the little mount on the bottom of the casing that I had to rip the filter apart (yes the oil-drenched fibrous plastic tiny little Censored ) and then the mount actually pulled out of the casing. Censored prick dead Censored design again LR. Land Rover? Arse Censored more like.

MY11 SD4 SE Auto

Post #435738 16th Sep 2023 10:10 am
Just a driver

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Stornoway Grey

I got someone to replace the speakers in the back doors, the buzzing distortion got to bad in the end and had to be replaced. They said the speakers were from a ford that he took out, so I guess original.

Post #436360 17th Oct 2023 11:00 am
BossBob

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue
Re: Fuel filter change

ozjeff62 wrote:
If I ever Censored look at another stinking Land Rover piece of Censored I have told my wife to beat the crap out of me.

Fuel and oil filter change today. The oil filter was a doddle. ***

That Censored of a fuel filter though. I'd love to have a sit down chat with the miserable Censored piece Censored Censored with Censored for brains that decided it can't prime itself and put so many bits of Censored crap in the way of getting at it. Syringe didn't work. Got a bloody priming bulb wrong sized fitting coz of course Censored Land Rover wants to have different size ports that just don't fit anything else.

It ran for a few seconds then cut out, not unexpected but not welcome. Disconnect pipes, try to get fittings to work so the bulb is flowing fuel in the right direction but nothing worked stinking bulb doesn't seem to have a non-return valve, I use my mouth to suck fuel through the return pipe, the inlet pipe, put the Censored filter back together, engine cranks and runs.

So thankful, put the shields back on (why does a fuel filter need such a hefty shield anyway), leave it running, go to get the air filter to install, stinking motherless Censored wit Censored of a car cuts out an won't restart. Fiter is probably empty again.

Maybe I'm lucky and the end of the camshaft has shorn off so the HP pump doesn't turn.

Sick to Censored death of this irrational Censored design that LR Censored throws at us.

Have a good day tomorrow guys. You poor bastards.

*** Holy Censored I am so traumatised by the fuel filter I forgot about the oil filter. The filter was so wedged onto the little mount on the bottom of the casing that I had to rip the filter apart (yes the oil-drenched fibrous plastic tiny little Censored ) and then the mount actually pulled out of the casing. Censored prick dead Censored design again LR. Land Rover? Arse Censored more like.

Sorry, you can’t blame Land Rover for any of it. The body was designed by Ford when they owned Land Rover. The engine is a Peugeot Ford Volvo collaboration.

Post #436362 17th Oct 2023 11:53 am
NeilTD4

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

Used it to drive to a job interview this morning along some pretty flooded roads.

Glad I didn't take the wife's Fiat 500, might not have made it...

Post #436451 20th Oct 2023 3:46 pm
ozjeff62

Australia 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Ipanema Sand

Sadly did most of the de-commissioning of my Freeo.

A financially terminal mechanical problem means it is going to wreckers/scrap.

I am devastated. MY11 SD4 SE Auto

Post #436477 21st Oct 2023 11:51 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 126 of 132 <123 ... 125126127 ... 130131132>