Home > Technical > iCarsoft LR V3.0
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
O-B-Wan003

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black
iCarsoft LR V3.0

2014 FL2 SD4, 83000 miles.

If anyone has the same scanner, iCarsoft LR V3.0, I’d appreciate some feedback if possible. I bought mine a couple of months ago to get the correct gearbox temp for changing the ATF which didn’t turn out to be as simple as what I thought. When I initially turned the scanner on the gearbox temp was 5 degrees and when fully warmed through the max temperature was roughly 18. Which seemed a little odd even with the ambient temp being around 20. When I took a physical temp from the casing it was 55 degrees and rising which definitely seemed a bit off.
Sent an email off to the official website I bought it from who asked a load of questions for clarification and to send off a file with all the data. They have stated there doesn’t appear to be anything wrong with the data and the scanner appears in working order but for me it’s either way off altogether or there’s a sensor somewhere it’s reading and it’s completely off.
Thing is I can’t seem to find any temperature sensor that’s linked to read the ATF, but is there any? I have read on previous posts someone had an issue with a previous model of the scanner which was fixed with an update and someone else had entered the fetid an Evoque to confuse the software which both worked but not for me unfortunately.

I’m going to ask a local mechanic, not a local indie unfortunately, to see if he can read the gearbox temp and see if there maybe an issue with either car or scanner but in the meantime was wondering if anyone on the forum had a similar experience.

Post #435098 22nd Aug 2023 4:13 pm
Simon J

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Rimini Red

I have the v2.0 and did indeed get a firmware update that iCarsoft said would correct the error with the ATF temperature. In the end, however, I got a local Volvo independent to do the partial oil change and he assured me he had the right kit to measure the temp so it never got used in anger.

Post #435112 23rd Aug 2023 7:32 am
ReggiePerrin

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

Worth checking the available updates…

I have just applied the latest one to my LR V3.0 but I have never used it to check ATF temperatures so I don't know if it is accurate.

Post #435124 23rd Aug 2023 9:59 am
NeilTD4

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

On my V2.0 I just told the scanner the car was a 2012 Evoque and was able selection the option of ATF temp...

I was in the gearbox options...

Click image to enlarge

Post #435134 23rd Aug 2023 6:49 pm
O-B-Wan003

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Thanks guys, sorry for delayed response, health took a nose dive past few days.

Software is the same as yours Reggie.
Neil I always thought the oil temp was just the engine oil rather than gearbox?
I’m going to try the evoque avenue again but it wasn’t successful the first time maybe there was a software update which corrected that but will have a look at the gearbox direction also.

My local mechanic will be back on the agenda next week when he reopens.

Thanks Reggie and Neil.

Post #435201 25th Aug 2023 2:31 pm
NeilTD4

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

Firstly, hope you're ok...

No worries, happy to try and help if I can. This is a good forum.

I'd read about telling the scanner the vehicle was an early Evoque somewhere...

So thought I'd give it a whirl. I bought my scanner second hand, so don't know if it's been updated at any point...

I definately had it in the gearbox section and I cross checked the temp with my IR thermometer and the gearbox has been fine.

Post #435206 25th Aug 2023 4:06 pm
Simon J

Looking at the photos above,I realised that mine is actually the v1.0 not v2.0, but it still provided the ATF temp after the firmware upgrade.

Post #435215 25th Aug 2023 6:29 pm
Simon J

I was out in the FL2 this morning and after returning home I left the engine running, dug out my iCarsoft v1.0 from the spare wheel well and plugged it in to check the ATF temperature - it was 72 degrees. I then plugged in my twenty-quid ELM327 OBD scanner, connected to it with my phone and the Car Scanner app which I use said 71 degrees, but I had switched the engine off for a short while.

So a decent Bluetooth OBD scanner - I use this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/374223531116?mk...media=COPY - and an inexpensive app for your phone are all you need to get ATF temperature.

Post #435243 26th Aug 2023 11:57 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1