« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Rear stabiliser bar - different part No.s
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
NoDo$h

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black
Rear stabiliser bar - different part No.s

Replacing the rear anti-roll bar on my 2010 and I'm being pointed at LR005545 as my VIN is pre BH242083

That part is on back order with nil ETA, so my guess is it will never be back in stock.

After that VIN, there's a different part that is available- LR029300

All the mounting points and fixings are the same and there are no other suspension component changes, front or rear, that coincide with that VIN point.

Anyone aware of any difference in these parts? I'm tempted to just order up the newer part no given every other component is the same pre and post that VIN point. Current driveway contents:
2021 V60 Cross Country B5
2009 FL2 dog bus and shooting wagon

On Order: 2023 Fisker Ocean Ultra - deposit paid.

Post #432957 31st May 2023 10:52 am
Nodge68

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Rimini Red

My guess is LR changed the spring rate of the stabiliser, maybe to either improve ride or reduce body roll.
If nothing else is different, then in theory the later PN will fit just fine. 2009 Rimini Red SE TD4. My daily driver.
Gone. 2006 Tonga Green i6 HSE.

Post #432965 31st May 2023 1:48 pm
NoDo$h

That's where my head is at. As there aren't any other changes in bushes, subframe, springs, shocks etc at that build date, it can only be an NVH/ride& handling tweak so....

Unless anyone else has news to the contrary, I'll order the later part tomorrow Current driveway contents:

Post #432971 31st May 2023 2:57 pm
RealBeale

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

Well jaguarlandroverclassic.com list both part numbers a suitable for 2006 - 2014. The difference on price is £40.
Now I'm NO expert and this may NOT be the case in this instance,but can tell you that in my experience of buying Land Rover parts over the last 3 decades, Land Rover have a habit of superseding part numbers and hiking the price, despite the actual part being identical and having both part numbers in stock at the same time ! "Ah yes, but that dearer one is for the later facelifted model, hence the change in part number". Later MY, different vin, higher price.Same part ! TBH, most owners would just take stuff like that at face value and just hand over their hard earned. Sometimes getting to know sales staff helps with stuff like this.

Could be something as daft - especially with smaller electrical parts, switches etc - as parts being supplied in a plastic bag, or in a box !

Post #432975 31st May 2023 5:55 pm
NoDo$h

Ordered the new part no. Will be getting everything fitted at the end of the month. I'll be away for a few days, so rather than swearing and trying to change the subframe, shocks, etc on my driveway, I'm lobbing the car and a huge pile of parts at my mate's garage for his guys to fit on the ramp.

I'll assemble everything to a point, although obviously not torque everything up, and get some release lube on everything on the car. I'll run the new assembly up in the trailer a few days ahead of the job.

I'll also be stripping out the rear trims so basically, it should be a relatively quick job for them to drop the existing assembly out and install the new. I'm getting them to service the Haldex and change the rear diff oil while it's there, one less weekend of me scratching around on my back nervously eyeing the axle stands. Current driveway contents:

Post #432983 1st Jun 2023 7:54 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1