Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > No Caller ID for received phone calls over bluetooth
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
bonovox123

No Caller ID for received phone calls over bluetooth

I've retrofitted bluetooth using OEM kit LR002775 and bluetooth unit 7G9N-10D893-AG (used item from 2009-03-14). My car is Freelander 2 HSE from 2011, with high line Alpine audio. All is working fine except that when I receive a call the stereo screen is not showing the Caller ID, only the phone number of the caller. If after the call I look in the received calls list, the Caller ID is correctly shown. The agenda is synchronising with my car. Also when I initiate a call from the car agenda by selecting a contact name, only the number is shown during the call. The only time when during the call I see the contact name is when I initiate the call from my phone. My phone is a Google Pixel 6 Pro.

For those that have the factory fitted bluetooth, can you please confirm if this is the normal behaviour or my retrofit has some issues? I am thinking as possible causes:

1. the bluetooth unit might be deffective as it is a used one taken from an older car
2. my car is from 2011 and the bluetooth unit from 2009
3. the bluetooth unit is from a Jaguar (though I understand they share the same parts)
4. incompatibility with my phone which is too new.

Thanks!

Post #428233 28th Dec 2022 7:26 pm
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Mines a 63 plate that I’ve synchronised with my iphone7. It shows contact names in the phone book as well as on the screen for incoming calls. I think it even announces the name.
My only criticism would be that I’ve found the 7 to be about the latest iPhone that would synch - tried an 11 but no joy although believe others had no problem

Last edited by Sidthecat on 29th Dec 2022 9:53 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #428240 28th Dec 2022 10:06 pm
Grimdog

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Barolo Black

10 plate HSE, iPhone 7 or Nokia 5, no probs over Bluetooth. All calls within contacts come up with a name. Hope this helps

Post #428246 29th Dec 2022 12:42 am
PRadd

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 Dynamic Manual Santorini Black

Numerous Androids from old to very new have worked without issue for me - Apple seems to be the common problem here.... 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 Manual Dynamic
1956/7 88" Series One Land Rover
1956/7 88" Series One Land Rover - undergoing restoration

Post #428267 29th Dec 2022 11:21 am
CJOver

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Sidthecat wrote:
Mines a 63 plate that I’ve synchronised with my iphone7. It shows contact names in the phone book as well as on the screen for incoming calls. I think it even announces the name.
My only criticism would be that I’ve found the 7 to be about the latest iPhone that would synch - tried an 11 but no joy although believe others had no problem

I had the same issue with a later iPhone, but I found that if I link the Car to the iPhone rather than the iPhone to the Car it works - I have a 2022 phone which happily links to my 63 plate. MY13 HSE Lux Santorini Black
MY11 HSE Santorini Black Gone
MY08 SE Blue, Gone
Alfa Romeo GT Gone
Alfa Romeo 156 Space wagon Gone
Volvo V40 Gone
Volvo 480ES Gone
VW Sirocco GTX Gone

Post #428279 29th Dec 2022 3:47 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1