« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > heeeelp engine wont rev
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Nodge68

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Rimini Red

rickypuntos wrote:
hi the cam pin wasnt put in as the timing belt from what i can see holds the bottom inner pulley in place thus holding the camshaft in place ... the exciter trigger ring sits between the ineer and aux belt pulley , cheers ricky

The cam pulley on the crank is adjustable via a wide keyway.
The timing pins need to be fitted whenever the crank damper pulley bolt is removed, as the cam pulley is held in place by the crush of the damper pulley against it, with the target wheel sandwiched between the 2 pulleys.
If you're lucky the cam pulley didn't move its location, but in my experience it does move the moment the bolt is released. 2009 Rimini Red SE TD4. My daily driver.
Gone. 2006 Tonga Green i6 HSE.

Post #427001 18th Nov 2022 9:16 pm
rickypuntos

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

hi matey, sorry for the vagueness of my reply,,, yeah i saw the slight movement in the wudruff key slot on the cambelt pulley,,, when i first checked the timing and saw that the top pulley was 1/8th of a hole out from accepting the timing pin i thought boom id solved it (wrong lol ).... i pinned the flywheel thenmoved the camshaft pulley a cock hair untill the pin was a smooth fit,,, replaced the bottom aux pulley with pins in then rotated the engine several times by hand then strted the engine just the same ,,, refitted the pins and they were straight in this time ,, then did a timong belt and tensioner service in case it was slipping or stretching ,,,, sadly just the same,, thanks for your input matey

Post #427032 19th Nov 2022 6:58 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12