« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Heathrow parking
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
The Doctor

United Kingdom 
Heathrow parking

Greetings. Booked a holiday to Las Vegas in September next year and we will be staying at a hotel at Heathrow the night before.

I've noticed that the hotels charge quite handily per day for parking and it wasn't something we had to worry about last time because my late father drove us down and went on to Windsor with my mum afterwards.

Any tips on parking would be appreciated please Very Happy LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #425838 10th Oct 2022 8:12 pm
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

We stopped at the Radisson Blu a few years ago, no problems at all - stayed the nights before we travelled and the night we got home. Found the cost of leaving the car there for the duration of our ten day stay was barely more than the cost of the two nights hotel stay. Assumed they’d want the keys so took photos of the speedo (and stuff in the glovebox) so we could check if car had been driven about whilst we were away, only to find they’d not want them. Car park was good and right on site, rather than at some disconnected place down the way somewhere.
We’ve used similar facilities at another LHR hotel (and GWK) but can’t remember which one.
Wouldn’t hesitate to do the same again, given the horror stories you hear about off-site airport parking.
Shuttles from outside hotel front doors to and from airport terminals

Last edited by Sidthecat on 11th Oct 2022 9:10 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #425841 10th Oct 2022 9:29 pm
TooBlue

United Kingdom 

I believe it is common knowledge that thieves frequent the hotel car parks, as they know people use it for long stays instead of the dedicated Heathrow car parks.

Therefore, I always use the official Heathrow long stay car parks, as you keep your keys with you.

Post #425844 10th Oct 2022 11:46 pm
axle

England 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Santorini Black

You could try these.
https://www.justpark.com/ Common sense isn't very common.

Post #425861 11th Oct 2022 3:23 pm
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

After years of travelling for work , when I was flying 30 or 40 trips a year , I’d wholeheartedly recommend using the Airport’s official Meet and Greet ‘ service . Park up , drop your keys at a service desk , and they’ll move the car to secure parking . The main reason is that leaving your car in any car park for an extended period of time is asking for someone to drag their cases along it , run a trolley into it , bump it etc etc . With the meet and greet your car will be digitally photographed 360 degrees and any damage is their problem . They often offer discounted fast track with the purchase as well . Can’t speak for Heathrow but fast track has saved me literally hours three times this year .

Also meet and greet drop off and pick ups tend to be the shortest walk to / from the terminal , nothing worse than having to wait for a shuttle bus back to a hotel or long stay carpark when you’ve just had an eight hour flight . 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #425867 11th Oct 2022 5:53 pm
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

I have always used the short stay car park.
It was surprised that long term stays (say a month), in the Terminal Short Term Car Park, were well discounted if you booked early.
It is worth the bit extra as you are next to the airport passenger entrance and exit, and can find a space, pick up a trolley, and walk straight in.
It was in this car park that I discovered the FL2 'Hibernation' feature, when we returned from a month in Canada.

Try putting your dates in their website
https://www.heathrowparking.com/uk/lhr/ap/...70QAvD_BwE FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 76k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #425875 11th Oct 2022 7:32 pm
pfjths

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey

We always used to drive and park. I have used the Raddison and often the Premier Inn beside what used to be Purple Parking. No problems at all. Now we find it cheaper to travel up by train and stop overnight. An open return and hotel works out around half the cost of driving and parking for us.

Post #425877 11th Oct 2022 7:59 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Thanks Thumbs Up

So far it is working out considerably cheaper to catch the train down and then the tube to Heathrow. Will revisit this next year when train prices will no doubt have risen. LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #425945 14th Oct 2022 6:02 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1