« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > i pod and acm
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
thetoothdoc

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Izmir Blue
i pod and acm

anyone had a factory/dealer fit ipod connector?
do you have a module fiited in the glove box with a usb input?
cant seem to locate mine.
thanks toothdoc

Post #4112 27th Jun 2007 9:21 pm
Netwisdom

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

I thought that the ipod connection was simply via the aux audio / stereo input jack on the centre console.

Is there a dedicated ipod dock that allows review of playlists and proper ipod control as a factory/dealer option?

Post #4116 27th Jun 2007 9:47 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Netwisdom wrote:
I thought that the ipod connection was simply via the aux audio / stereo input jack on the centre console.

Is there a dedicated ipod dock that allows review of playlists and proper ipod control as a factory/dealer option?

Yes there is, we all have the base option of hooking an ipod into the 3.5mm at the rear of the centre console and switching to it with the 'aux' selector; but there is a proper ipod dock which I was told does uses the main display for track, artist name, album name etc...

Post #4122 27th Jun 2007 10:59 pm
thetoothdoc

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Izmir Blue
i pod and acm

we have a proper i pod docking station that allows you to change tracks etc from the steering wheel controls, according to the handbook this should be connected in addition to an auxillary module in the glovebox that has a usb input and regular aux inputs ( red/yellow jacks ) this is what i cant find.
as its pretty new the service and sales havent seen it before hence the post. toothdoc

Post #4124 28th Jun 2007 7:33 am
tnoutsider

United States 
iPod Dock

I recently purchased the iPod dock and the unit does not use the main display at all. The dock is installed between the steering wheel and door. The only integration with the vehicle is that you can use the steering wheel controls to operate the iPod - primarily next/previous song and volume (the main volume control also works).

To browse the iPod or view the current song title, you will need to look at the iPod itself. That has not been a problem because the location works out well.

The installation is very clean and I much prefer it over the use of the AUX port at the rear of the center console (all of those wires!).

My glovebox module was a little hard to find, mounted above the compartment itself. I haven't looked real hard, but I cannot find the USB port that is advertised. There is a bypass switch, however, to allow the AUX port to still work and there is another set of L/R audio inputs.

Hope this helps.

Post #4125 28th Jun 2007 7:37 am
matteo

Italy 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: iPod Dock

tnoutsider wrote:
I recently purchased the iPod dock and the unit does not use the main display at all. The dock is installed between the steering wheel and door. The only integration with the vehicle is that you can use the steering wheel controls to operate the iPod - primarily next/previous song and volume (the main volume control also works).

To browse the iPod or view the current song title, you will need to look at the iPod itself. That has not been a problem because the location works out well.

The installation is very clean and I much prefer it over the use of the AUX port at the rear of the center console (all of those wires!).

My glovebox module was a little hard to find, mounted above the compartment itself. I haven't looked real hard, but I cannot find the USB port that is advertised. There is a bypass switch, however, to allow the AUX port to still work and there is another set of L/R audio inputs.

Hope this helps.

Sorry but in 2007 this isn't an acceptable solution. I had a blaupunkt that controlled completely the mp3 of the ipod as an external CD, with titles and so on while ipod batteries are recharged. I want to put the ipod in the glovebox. I dont like to have the ipod installed on the dashboard. Here if you leave a jaket in the car someone can crash a screen to look if there is a wallet inside. If you have something installed on the dashboard maybe your ipod/GPS is in the car, it's a continuos risk. In the meanwhile it doesn't look elegant for the price they sell it.

I know our radio is Alpine, maybe we have to ask them. They produce a very nice iPOD controller.

Post #4225 2nd Jul 2007 7:08 am
Cypress

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Whilst I was in the dealers on Friday, the guy in front of me was buying an iPod interface. The box said made in Hungary, from this and looking at the specification it would seem to be a version of the Dension IceLink Gateway 300. Maybe someone can shed some light on this. If it is a version of the Ice link it's a shame that it is not fully functional.

Regards

Paul;

Post #4241 2nd Jul 2007 6:26 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1