« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > First breakdown !
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ianfish

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black
First breakdown !

Well it had to happen, touring around Wales with the caravan and some warning lights appeared. Stabilty, ABS, and park brake! Took it to an indy LR man who read the codes and didn't think it was too serious, maybe a wheel sensor? Should be OK to drive. Few more days and into a site not far from Fishguard, lights keep coming on and a slight grab on the park brake just after moving off! Decide to make for home, got to about 10 miles from Carmarthen and reduced performance comes on! Pull into layby and call Mayday recovery. Eventually we get home the next day after poor service from Green Flag. Into my local indy that I have used for 25 years, and it's a wheel sensor and split intercooler hose, £300 +vat! All good now. After over 6 years and towing all over Europe I don't have any complaints, it's a great car and excellent towing vehicle. Thumbs Up MY 2013 SD GS Auto

Post #422635 23rd Jun 2022 12:47 pm
AT1963

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Bad luck but good its sorted now Thumbs Up
I know some who would literally decide to sell car as its now broken down and unreliable!!
Fools Shocked

Post #422637 23rd Jun 2022 5:31 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

I keep my cars until there is no point. Peugeot 504 & Seat Ibiza, both 18 years, Peugeot was already 7 when I bought it. The odometers on each stopped working at about 250,000km. To date the Freelander is the most reliable car. My sister's Evoque is a year older than my Freelander & it has been her most reliable car. Every car will need repairs, it will happen, you just have to factor in some savings so you are not backed up in a corner. The longer I have the Freelander the more I appreciate its qualities.

Recently being driving it every day due to some family major health issues. It just soothes the problems at hand & makes the daily trip to the hospital almost enjoyable. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #422640 23rd Jun 2022 8:41 pm
ianfish

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

I totally agree, when you have a good one keep it! I had a classic Range Rover that I bought at 2 years old and kept it for 14 years, only problem was a fuel pump relay which the main dealer couldn't identify but my local indy did(still use them over 25 years later), then of course the rust got it Rolling with laughter
Love the FL2, such a great drive, comfortable ,tows brilliantly. MY 2013 SD GS Auto

Post #422652 24th Jun 2022 12:10 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1