Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Brake Pads
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

After 3 days of looking at motor...final verdict? Nothing wrong with car!
Oh well that must be me attention seeking again then.

I finally asked the guy pointedly "Is that car safe for me to drive?' and he replied "yes it's safe to drive".
So I asked him to put it in writing and he said "Oh I can't do that, you're not getting me into that, that's not fair on me" ?!?! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

So then I asked him if he would let his wife drive it with their children in it. His reply was "well she drives a Mini" ?!? Shocked Banging Head Banging Head
He offered to test it 'long term' but added 'to be honest, that would probably be me just using it the odd evening'

I have complained to LR and await the result but I'm not hopeful.

Post #41703 7th May 2009 2:55 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

amazing the answers people give when they are under pressure Rolling Eyes Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #41704 7th May 2009 3:58 pm
snappa

Yep.
Seriously if you are ever faced with this choice.....Deal with TnC Aberdeen or jam a rusty coat hanger up your own urethra, I would choose the latter.

Post #41705 7th May 2009 4:25 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Well, I've had a reply from the sales manager telling me they are looking into my complaint.

What are they looking into..................a crystal ball Question Confused Question ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #41838 11th May 2009 10:02 am
snappa

Good luck with that.

The galling thing is that as my motor was going to be in for a few days I said you may as well do the service as well then (was going to get it done elsewhere but cant spare the time without a car now.)

They had no trouble extracting the four hundred notes for second service....... Whistle

That will be the last time I use them.
Update is LR cust services came back and backed up what TnC were saying. I now have a 28 grand lump o metal on my drive that I don't feel safe to use. ANOTHER HAPPY LR CUSTOMER!! Rolling Eyes

I am currently looking around to change it for something else. Don't get me wrong, I love the motor, it's the crap customer service when something goes wrong I cant be doing with.

Post #41851 11th May 2009 4:44 pm
Dave

Got this info from here:- http://www.which.co.uk/advice/rejecting-a-.../index.jsp

Your rights if you buy from a dealer
When you buy a used car from a dealer, you have a right, under the Sale of Goods Act 1979, to expect the car to:

be of satisfactory quality (taking into account its age and mileage)
meet any description given to you when you were buying it, and
be fit for the purpose (for example, to get you from A to B safely)
If the car does not meet these requirements you have a right to claim against the dealer for breach of contract.

Your right to reject a car
If there's a problem soon after you’ve bought it, for example, the car develops a problem you wouldn’t expect for the car’s age and mileage, or it turns out to be not what you’d been lead to expect, you may have the right to ‘reject’ the car and get your money back.

However, you have only a ‘reasonable’ time to reject it. There’s no clear definition of what a reasonable time is – you probably need to do it within three or four weeks of buying it. But if you reject a car you must stop using it. And if the fault is very obvious you may have less time.

Your right to claim for the cost of repairs
Top tips
If you buy from a dealer the car must be of 'satisfactory quality', 'as described' to you, and fit for the purpose

But if you buy from a private seller the car must only be 'as described'

If you pay with a credit card, or with credit the dealer arranged, you may be able to make a legal claim against the credit company if, say, the dealer goes bust
If it’s too late to reject the car (or you don’t want to) you can ask the dealer for a repair or replacement. If the dealer refuses, you could:

claim from it the cost of getting the car repaired elsewhere
claim for a reduction in the purchase price, or
return the car and get the money you paid back, less a deduction for the use you’ve had (called ‘recision’)
However, if your claim is worth more than the small claims limit where you live (£5,000 in England and Wales, £750 in Scotland or £2,000 in Northern Ireland) you may need to take advice before you act, because you may risk facing time-consuming and expensive court action.

If you get a warranty or guarantee with a car, you may be able to claim on that to get any problems fixed. However, this doesn’t affect your legal rights, and you could still either reject the car, or claim against the dealer.

Post #41852 11th May 2009 5:29 pm
Dave

Update.....

Having made contact with the after sales manager, I can now report that my problem has been sorted out ok. The chap was in my opinion very professional in his approach and dealt with this issue accordingly thereby restoring my confidence in the local dealer which means my next car WILL be a land Rover, just not sure if it'll be an FL2 or D3/D4.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up To Town & County Aberdeen. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #42080 17th May 2009 5:28 pm
snappa

It's the fact you had to complain to get confidence in the dealership that should be worrying.
They should be straight shooting all the time.

From what you said in the beginning it sounds like they 'made up' the fact your car needed new brake pads.
If that were true it implies in the best case scenario, imcompetence, and in the worst case, something much more serious.

I for one have been seriously put off LR by the dealer and LR customer service itself, and will not be buying a LR as my next motor.

Post #42100 18th May 2009 8:10 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12