Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Wicked MPG in an auto!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
brian

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

That is amazing mpg in an auto especially 32 around the town I can get 30.1 going to work a distance of about 4 mile in light traffic coming back when traffic heavier it goes to 26 have you had anything done to you frl and what is the mileage

Post #42024 15th May 2009 10:38 am
stangs

I just don't believe it is possible to get 42 mpg in a standard auto. Driving very conservatively (60 mph on the motorway) gets me 35 mpg tops, and using the semi-auto transmission to upshift early gets me 30 mpg around town.

Post #42029 15th May 2009 12:19 pm
tunaz100

United Kingdom 

I'm with you I drive 88 miles a day, 60 of which are on the motorway and driving conservatively using the shift manually I average 31-32 max. I have tried driving very light footed and not going over 65 but it only improved to 34...the upshot is I just drive normally now and enjoy the effortless cruising the FL2 affords and accept I'll pay a bit more on juice!

PS it's been a topic before but my mpg dropped by 3mpg over exactly the same journey following the second service, very annoying and LR could not explain it!

Post #42032 15th May 2009 1:27 pm
brian

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

i have achieved 38.9 on the motorway at 70 mph over 90 miles 42 is excellent

Post #42033 15th May 2009 5:15 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I managed 48.8 in my manual on a trip Bedford to Newcastle and back.....being a real sad ba$tard....redaing the road on A road's for hills and traffic lights then on motorwya for bulk of journey at no more than 65mph..just for the larf!!! Now have the auto...........av MPG about 25ish but alot of toen driving and booting it from start line......I'm still happy though..............never bought the FL2 for fuel economy just the pleasure but you can have fun and games. To get good fuel economy you must stick to VERY GENTLE throttle increases, read he road ie build up speed down hill....throtle off up hills, do not stop at round abouts or traffic lights but keep rolling reading the road ahead all the while never braking...its a pain in the Ar$e but fun for a long trip ............ONCE....unless you are Avtur!!!! Hat off to the old boy but he doe use his offroad figures in his on oad averges...my best has been 48.8mpg.............worst has been abpout 8 ish I think offroad at Tong. Thumbs Up

Post #42042 15th May 2009 11:14 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12