Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Used Car Salespeople (Australia)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Badger51

Australia 
Used Car Salespeople (Australia)

If there are any used car salespeople on here, then I apologise, but as far as I am concerned they are the scum of the earth.

Test drove a 2016 FJ Cruiser last week (asking price $53000) & there were a few things that I wasn't happy about. To be honest it was over my budget, but when I pointed out my concerns, they weren't prepared to sort them or negotiate on the price whatsoever. Gave me all the bs about having other buyers waiting in the wings.

Half an hour after getting home the salesman calls me & says they will have another one coming in later the following week. Great, says I, let me know some details etc. He sends me three pics & it all looks ok. It had done 112000kms & was a 2014 model, to be priced around $45000, with full Toyota service history.

I arranged a test drive for yesterday, which we duly did, having quickly kicked the tyres at the dealership. It drove fine, with a bit of steering wheel shake at 100/110kph. Parked up away from the dealers to give it a better once-over. I immediately noticed a couple of small dents in the bonnet, closer examination revealed about 8/10 & the roof was also showing numerous small dents as were several of the other panels. As it was a local car & we suffered a couple of hail storms in November last year, it had clearly been damaged then.

Took it back & informed the salesman that as I already owned a hail damaged Freelander 2, I had no intention of parting with my money for another vehicle with existing hail damage. I also told him that as they were a prestige vehicle dealership, I was not at all impressed at being offered a vehicle in that condition.

He then raises the subject of the one I'd previously driven last week. I say, but surely that's sold! You told me you had buyers waiting to buy it & it has been removed from your website after being marked as sold.

Oh, says he, no it's going for wholesale shortly. It's round the back. We walk round the back & it's not there, oh dear, it must have gone on the truck this morning!

So wtf did you not call me & see if a deal could have been done? No response....................

Of course all he could do was apologise & we got in the car to leave. He then knocks on my window & says "the boss says if we get the damage repaired", would I still be interested?
I suggest we go inside & discuss it.

The boss man now wants to be involved in the discussion, so we go through any issues that I have with the vehicle & what I want out of the deal, to make it happen.

He agrees to sort all the issues I have but when I insist on the hail damage being repaired to my satisfaction, he starts to get a bit edgy & when I reiterate that it must be done to my satisfaction, he throws his hands in the air & says "let's just forget it", by which point I had already stood up & agreed with him, so we left.

Total con artists just trying to pull the wool over buyers eyes.

As I mentioned previously, this is not some back street dealer but a premium vehicle dealership, responsible for Audi, LR, Jaguar, Jeep, Skoda, Suzuki, Nissan, & Chrysler sales & service.

Rant over, onwards & upwards, as they say..... (Now Sold). 2008 Freelander 2 (Nazca Sand) SE TD4 Auto. Statutory write off & on WOVR for hail damage but still road legal.
171037Km as of 09/05/22
Superchips Bluefin Flash
Nanocom Evo II (also sold)

Last edited by Badger51 on 28th Feb 2022 10:42 pm. Edited 3 times in total

Post #419026 26th Feb 2022 2:58 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Sounds like the typical reputable real estate agent! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #419038 26th Feb 2022 11:22 am
ReggiePerrin

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

Car dealers eh, doncha just love em.

When I bought my first FL2, sale agreed and about to sign the paperwork and the inevitable extras are introduced… not interested says I to which I get the response, "I'm afraid I am legally obliged to explain these additional features to you… and then it's blah blah, paint protection, blah, wheel protection blah blah, gap insurance, blah, lost keys cover, servicing plans, cheese sandwich etc,

If I hadn’t been so smitten by the car, I think I may have binned it off but I managed to escape with a just bent ear and no optional vastly overpriced extras. Oh, and a brand new tow bar, 13pin LR electrics, rubber mats, diesel and six months road tax thrown in. I loved that car.

Post #419039 26th Feb 2022 11:42 am
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

A friend of mine recently bought nearly new Audi A4 from the local main dealer. When he went to pay for it he noticed that the paintwork was all swirled as if it had been polished with a polishing machine with grit in it. He refused to accept the car and eventually the dealer gave him his deposit back. On the way out he asked the salesman what happens to the car now "Oh it's not a problem, it's a popular car so someone will come in and not notice the paintwork" 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #419108 28th Feb 2022 7:05 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1