« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Little rant 2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey
Little rant 2

What's it going to take to get people vaccinated? The Mayor of London has today declared a major incident in London (whatever that means as I'm sure as hell he's not offering any assistance) and has stated that there are pockets of Black, Muslim and Jewish Londoners that are yet to be vaccinated. I'm sure if I made such a statement I'd be dragged away facing charges of racism, although we know exactly what he's saying.
From all accounts symptomatic patients are utilising the ambulance service to get themselves off to hospital where the majority are taking up valuable bed space whilst isolating. Why are these people not locked indoors with their families? Any bets that the numbers 'ill' will drop off temporarily from, say, Friday else it means being in hospital over the festive period.
All treatment should be denied to anyone that's not been vaccinated and has no legitimate reason not to have been.
And don't even get me started on the professional footballers Censored

Post #416133 18th Dec 2021 7:04 pm
I Like Chips

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Sid
What about the pro footballers Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #416136 18th Dec 2021 7:47 pm
MotionInc

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

yeah, those footballers Shocked Confused Rolling with laughter

Post #416137 18th Dec 2021 7:54 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

Sorry Sid but you are applying logic when "peoples freedom of choice" is involved.

I have two sons in their late thirties one has JUST had his second vaccination - 9 months after the first, the older son hasn't had any vaccinations. He is working on the principle that he will catch Covid, get over it in a few days - no worse than a cold for someone his age.

I have tried reason, bribery and shouting - not a chance.
The youngest only went ahead after he missed the NEC bike show because he didn't have a Covid pass.

So for me Covid passes work. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #416144 18th Dec 2021 9:19 pm
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

All this posturing by some MP's regarding civil liberties YET we have motorcyclists having to wear crash helmets and drivers and passengers having to wear seat belts. I hasten to add that I agree with both sets of rules and also strongly agreed with Plan B which got through with Labour's help. I sent an e-mail to my local MP pointing out my displeasure at her actions and warned of unintended consequences. Hey ho two days later the Cons lost N Shropshire partly due to the narrative of the Cons leadership having lost control of the party. MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #416150 19th Dec 2021 11:17 am
RealBeale

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black
Re: Little rant 2

Sidthecat wrote:

All treatment should be denied to anyone that's not been vaccinated and has no legitimate reason not to have been.

What about smokers, drug addicts, the obese, shouldn't they be denied treatment, too ?

I was double jabbed at the beginning as I'm in a "at risk" group.
However, since the second jab, literally that same day, I came down with symptoms that have not gone away. It affects me EVERY day. From symptoms sometimes being mild, to be very acute. Despite this I still cannot get a GP appointment.
Due to being ill for the last 8 months, I am not going to have any more vaccines as I am worried what other "side affects" I may suffer.
So, should I be denied treatment ?

I wear a mask in public - despite being "exempt". Not because I have to, or because I believe it will prevent me becoming ill. I wear a mask because of the abuse I receive if I don't. I have even been assaulted. When I try to explain to anyone about the side affects I am still suffering, which is why I don't wish to be jabbed again, I am called an anti-vaxxer, or a conspiracy theorist.Even a murderer ! But the one that really gets to me is being called a "LIAR"
Again, should I be denied treatment for not wanting to be jabbed again?
I have my flu jab every year and have done for the past 20 odd years, so I'm not anti vaccination. I just don't want to have the Covid jab any more. God knows what another dose could do to me.

Post #416154 19th Dec 2021 8:44 pm
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

I sympathise fully with your particular situation and no doubt there are many around the country that are in the same boat. But at least you’ve had vaccinations.
We’re in SE London and as Khan quite rightly says there are communities that are simply not getting vaccinated. Add to this the same groups that are not wearing masks on public transport and it’s obvious why numbers are getting out of hand.

Post #416159 20th Dec 2021 8:07 am
Andy131

United Kingdom 

The problem is that Covid has got out of hand. According to the BBC this morning the number of health workers on sick leave in the capital had risen from below 2,000 to well above 4,000. So anyone needing urgent medical attention in London is not going to get the treatment that they deserve.

If you were in power what would you do?

You can't educate those that will not listen, you can make it difficult for the same people to do as they would like by placing barriers in the way (Covid passports?). But in the end we are playing a losing game, Covid will win, our only chance of saving as many people as possible is to slow the Covid advance so that the NHS isn't overwhelmed.

Speaking as someone who has lost a family member to Covid, and with a Sister who after 25+ years nursing in the NHS has had enough death for one lifetime, I will be surprised - no shocked, if she is still in ICU after Christmas.
How many others are at the point were they believe that the NHS is so broken, so undervalued? That they are putting themselves in harms way so that others can exercise their right to catch and spread Covid.

Rant over, sorry guys but after losing Gill I appreciate all that the NHS did for us, keeping Gill alive for over two years, with trails of new and novel treatments that kept hope alive until the last few painful weeks. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #416162 20th Dec 2021 10:38 am
tenet

I too sympathise with you RealBeale - perhaps you contracted Covid in the interim between jabs as full immunity would not have taken place until a week or two after the second jab (I believe Andrew Marr had this problem). I am surprised that your GP has not been very professional and perhaps a formal letter of complaint to the practice manager would help. I am sure there are blood tests that would confirm what has happened. MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

Post #416163 20th Dec 2021 10:56 am
Dartman the one

England 

It is rumoured that Covid deaths are lower than flu deaths, what the in hospital rates between the two doesn't seem to be available, however the NHS has been said to be collapsing every winter for a number of years, so one assumes that it has had staff problems due to the flu as well.
The question is, is Covid covering up flu deaths and really is the NHS in a worse state than any other year in the winter or has Covid actually made it better, there are too many mirrors and a lot of smoke from various factions, perhaps Boris is right and sit back and see where it goes, he's damned either way if he locks down and nothing happens, he's damned if he does nothing and the Covid rates increase in hospitals.
Regarding writing letters to Practice Managers, they are employed by the doctors not the other way round so not going to be much joy there, but maybe a standard letter saying they are sorry you feel that way, carefully worrded as to not admit any liability.
Yes the vacinations, will help considerably and if you don't accept them then expect to be penalised in your activities regardless of your perceived human rights, we all have rights, the governments decide whose rights are overidden, basically if you are on the wrong side, tough my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #416166 20th Dec 2021 2:14 pm
tenet

https://practicebusiness.co.uk/practice-ma...ffectively MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

Post #416167 20th Dec 2021 3:08 pm
andyk159

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Dartman the one wrote:
It is rumoured that Covid deaths are lower than flu deaths, what the in hospital rates between the two doesn't seem to be available, however the NHS has been said to be collapsing every winter for a number of years, so one assumes that it has had staff problems due to the flu as well.
The question is, is Covid covering up flu deaths

This from ONS data:
"In the week ending 3 December 2021, the number of deaths from all causes was 12.6% above the five-year average. In the pandemic so far (13 March 2020 and 3 December 2021), there have been a total of 130,042 excess deaths above the five-year average in England and Wales."

So even taking 8nto account the number of flu related deaths numbers are up. The other issue is that the COVID deaths occur in peaks related to the infection rates. Not spread over whole year. This is what overwhelms health services, and yes flu works the same way.

The problem we have is the incredibly high infection rate which is increasing exponetionally. Even if serious illness and potential deaths are fewer due to nature of new variant and vaccinations, a smaller percentage of a very large number can still be very significant. That's why infection spread needs to be kept in check.

That's what scientists are concerned about.

What the buffoon in charge choses to do about it is another matter.

As for myself I'll listen to the science and manage my risk accordingly to protect me and my family best I can. Andy
Freelander2 HSE (59 Plate, MY10 spec)

Post #416168 20th Dec 2021 4:14 pm
RealBeale

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

Sidthecat wrote:
I sympathise fully with your particular situation and no doubt there are many around the country that are in the same boat. But at least you’ve had vaccinations.
We’re in SE London and as Khan quite rightly says there are communities that are simply not getting vaccinated. Add to this the same groups that are not wearing masks on public transport and it’s obvious why numbers are getting out of hand.

Having the first 2 vaccinations means absolutely nothing.
I've been contacted by my GP Practice today, asking if I would like to attend for my booster. When I politely declined, I was informed , "Ok, so that will go on your record as "refused".
I then explained why I was refusing and told her the long term symptoms. I was then told, "Yes, we're having a lot of refusals for the same reasons, BUT it's still going to have to go on your record as "refused".
So,I'm wondering.................how long will it be before I'm branded a "Domestic Terrorist" ?
Should I be worried that I'll get a knock on the door in the next few months, from a newly formed "Covid Stasi", to be forced in to a van and taken to an internment camp ?

Post #416169 20th Dec 2021 5:24 pm
Dartman the one

England 

[quote="andyk159"]

Dartman the one wrote:
The question is, is Covid covering up flu deaths

Andyk159 wrote
This from ONS data:
"In the week ending 3 December 2021, the number of deaths from all causes was 12.6% above the five-year average. In the pandemic so far (13 March 2020 and 3 December 2021), there have been a total of 130,042 excess deaths above the five-year average in England and Wales."

So even taking 8nto account the number of flu related deaths numbers are up. The other issue is that the COVID deaths occur in peaks related to the infection rates. Not spread over whole year. This is what overwhelms health services, and yes flu works the same way. {quote}

As it doesn't state what the number of flu deaths are we don't know whether or not Covid is just another addition to the number or a major addition an extra 130,000 deaths in 21months over the 5 year average and the numbers of deaths have reduced since vaccinations started it would be reasonable to assume flu deaths exceed Covid deaths especially this time of year. The other bending factor is that if you have both the flu and Covid the cause of death is listed as Covid as it is if you have any other health problem with Covid which may or may not be a cause of the death my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #416170 20th Dec 2021 6:36 pm
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White
Re: Little rant 2

RealBeale wrote:

I was double jabbed at the beginning as I'm in a "at risk" group.
However, since the second jab, literally that same day, I came down with symptoms that have not gone away. It affects me EVERY day. From symptoms sometimes being mild, to be very acute. Despite this I still cannot get a GP appointment.
Due to being ill for the last 8 months, I am not going to have any more vaccines as I am worried what other "side affects" I may suffer.

You haven't said what type of jab you had for 1st and 2nd doses, or what your long term (new?) symptoms are?

The 3rd Booster jab is a Pfizer as it gives the best ongoing protection. From my own experience (I have had 3 Pfizer jabs) I do not believe that you have anything to fear.

Surely if you have been ill for the last 8 months your GP will at least give you a telephone consultation. If you can't get through by phone, try writing to the GP suggesting some dates that he might be able to contact you, after all it may be something else and easily treated is causing your problems.

Writing worked for me when, after my wife fell in the road, we initially were faced by 'non-joined up' health systems which seemed unable to organise suitable care or treatment in our home.

The various branches of the NHS are so stretched that normal care is being overlooked.

In time, some good may come of Covid19, as it may wake us all up and bring to our notice that the NHS and Care Systems have been gradually run down and/or allowed to 'wither on the vine' due to lack of planning and funds.

Please don't give up on your quest to see a doctor to sort out your health. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 76k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #416176 20th Dec 2021 9:24 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1