Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Wheel position sensor failure - reset?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
blaster1232

Latvia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Santorini Black
Wheel position sensor failure - reset?

Hello, having a little bit of trouble.

Yesterday, after fixing my front suspension (replaced both struts, springs, strut bearings, both steering tie rods and control arms, without a doubt my alignment was way out. I adjusted it with ''string method'' as a short term solution and booked an appointment at alignment shop. After finishing the jobs, i took the car for a drive and noticed that my car goes more or less straight, but steering wheel is not in needed position (heavily tilted left, around 45 degree angle). And thats understandable since i hadn't done a proper work on alignment. Since it was a lot of snow and ice outside, I also wanted to test the DSC system so I accelerated heavily. All seemed well. Then out of nowhere i get an orange dsc icon flashing in dashboard. Hooked it up to a diagnostic tool, which showed ''C0051-28'' meaning

Steering wheel position sensor
General signal failure - signal bias level is out of range/zero adjustment failure

I though - no biggie, I will just erease the code and get my alignment done. The system didn't allow me to erease the code. No biggie again - I will do my alignment and the code will dissappear by itself. Its been 100 km since alignment but fault code is still present. So the question is -

Is it possible to clear this code?
Could there be some additional harm done to sensor itself?

Thanks

Post #415319 1st Dec 2021 5:48 pm
I Like Chips

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

I noticed there is a reset steering wheel sensor option on my Foxwell 510 scan tool. Not fiddled with it myself but it's there so must be available on other scanners too, not the Gap Tool one as far as I know.

Post #415330 1st Dec 2021 7:42 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1