Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > projector lens problem!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Andy.p

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Sumatra Black
projector lens problem!!!

Took out my projector lens to clean them as they had that blue haze on them, problem is they go back in two ways, can anyone tell me which way the metal bit inside the lens goes, to the top or the bottom of the of the lens, when the unit is back in the car. And how tight to do the sprung loaded nuts up too,as ive tried both ways up and down but my lights seem a bit too high on the standard "0" setting on the adjuster!!
I am using osram night breaker laser halogen bulbs and they are bright as hell but seem too high so not sure if the spring loaded nuts have to be set or just T as F!! And I have not touched the adjusters either1
just to be clear I have halogen projector lens using H11 bulbs so flap/metal plate is not motorised for main and dip beam like the bi-xenon lamps. the metal plate in mine does not move hence I need to know which way up it goes Whistle Discovery 3 tdv6 gone
Freelander 2 LE sport SD4 facelift gone
mitsubishi outlander phev

Post #415283 30th Nov 2021 9:39 pm
congoblue

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Loire Blue

My car has the later projector headlights with HB3 lamps and motorised shutter - but the metal shutter should definitely go across the bottom of the lens, as the lens inverts the light so the shutter then cuts off the top of the light beam to prevent dazzle. Sorry I don't know about the fixings.

Post #415310 1st Dec 2021 1:22 pm
Andy.p

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Sumatra Black

Cheers for that info, I just got my Hids4U XENON conversion kit today so I will have fun fitting them at the weekend and make sure the fixed metal plate is at the bottom of the projector lens, think it is anyway. Rolling with laughter

Just tried to fit the H11 xenons and discovered they sent me H7 bulbs in the kit Censored but to be fair one phone call to HIDS4U and they said it was a packing error and would express me two correct bulbs and I could either send the H7's back or keep them :thumbsup:UPDATE: fair play to HIDS4U got the correct xenon bulbs in the post this morning (next day) and what a difference they make over the Osram night breaker laser halogens in the projector lens. Discovery 3 tdv6 gone
Freelander 2 LE sport SD4 facelift gone
mitsubishi outlander phev

Post #415372 2nd Dec 2021 7:21 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1