Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Tyreleader.co.uk - Read before ever using!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Farmer Chalk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Firenze Red
Tyreleader.co.uk - Read before ever using!

Tyreleader.co.uk…

Used them before to buy quality tyres at reasonable prices but it appears they have changed their operational regime.

A couple of weeks ago I bought four JLR spec Pirelli all season tyres for daughters FL2. Normally delivered within a couple of days with full tracking traceability.
Had no tracking data and eventually arrived after 4-5 days. What was delivered were four Pirelli’s with a date of manufacture May 2018… over 3.5 years old!!
These tyres were older than the ones on the car that we were replacing. Upon closer inspection a couple of tyres exhibited marks on their beading rims which indicated that they had previously been fitted on rims. They also showed ingrained mud on the sidewalls. The tyres still had paint on their tread and the original stickers on them however they had clearly been stored inappropriately.

I immediately highlighted the problems and requested that they sort the problem… the tyres were only a few pounds cheaper than going to a normal tyre warehouse but I was certainly not aware that I was buying old stock.
13 days later I am still being ignored and fobbed off despite showing clear photographic evidence to them. They just ignore my emails or state that they are waiting for an answer from their warehouse and they will get back to me which spookily enough they never do!

So word of warning don’t buy anything from Tyreleader.co.uk unless you want old second hand tyres and zero customer service!

Post #414475 10th Nov 2021 10:28 pm
Jack frost

United Kingdom 

That is a shame as I and several friends have used them over the years & found them fantastic & have saved quite a bit of money, every time I have viewed the tyres on their web site it clearly states if the tyres have been mounted on rims before also if they are old stock normally these tyres are heavy discounted.

Post #414486 11th Nov 2021 11:26 am
Farmer Chalk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Firenze Red

Yup not anymore… we are now 14 days in and emails to them everyday and it’s the same answer …we are looking into it… yet there are only three actions required..either full refund, send me some new ones or return a rebated amount for old tyres…none of which they have offered…reading reviews of them this is apparently how they deal with customer complaints and just continuously fob people off…
I’m only posting so people don’t fall into the same trap… I can’t believe I’m saying it but I wish I went to kwik fit instead!

Post #414488 11th Nov 2021 11:46 am
Jack frost

United Kingdom 

I have not bought tyres from them for a long time but looking at their prices now they have shot up in price probably due to Brexit & the world being turned upside down. I can tell you one thing with this global warming you watch tyre dealers jumping on the bandwagon & charging a lot more to dispose of your old tyres, then you will see more & more being dumped on quiet lanes.

Post #414489 11th Nov 2021 12:12 pm
PRadd

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 Dynamic Manual Santorini Black

It has come to something when Kwik fit gets the business! Shocked

Camskill & Oponeo I have used without issue in recent years - but I have no idea if they would be any better if there was a problem 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 Manual Dynamic
1956/7 88" Series One Land Rover
1956/7 88" Series One Land Rover - undergoing restoration

Post #414491 11th Nov 2021 12:15 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1