Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > My 2015 SE Tech
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
congoblue

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Loire Blue

Just checking Woody, do you have the projector style headlamps with the HB3 bulbs? Your profile doesn't say what car you've got but an earlier post says a MY2011 and I think those were the older style headlamps which are not suitable for these bulbs.

Re 35/55W, the 35W ones are very bright (much brighter than the original halogens) so I didn't see the point in going over the top with 55W

Post #414172 3rd Nov 2021 12:04 pm
dan55

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Fuji White

Well a couple more improvements to the Freelander today. Been a bit quiet on it for a while. Went to the Peak District for a weekend at the end of November. We had a fair amount of snow up there and I was really impressed with the Falken Wildpeak. No dramas at all, didn’t feel any slipping.

Since then I’ve fitted the Xenon HIDS4 YOU upgrade as others have mentioned on the thread. They are a tight squeeze to fit in the headlight and I had an issue with the second one not working. I emailed the supplier who told me rotate the connections. This did the trick. Not tried it in the dark yet though!

I’ve also found a washer bottle filter on eBay at a reasonable price so bought that and put it in tonight. Previous owner must have lost the last one. It’s only a small thing but it was annoying me!!

Next jobs are to upgrade the interior bulbs to LED I think and try and source some bodyside black bump strips as I think that’ll break the white up nicely.

Post #416771 7th Jan 2022 4:58 pm
dan55

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Fuji White

Another minor tweak today. I've upgraded the interior lights to LED. Been meaning to do it for ages but finally got round to it! Ended up buying the kit from Powerful. 5 min job and looks great. Can't really comment on how much brighter they are yet though but a massive difference even in daylight. Hoping that it reduces the power consumption significantly as I've noticed on more than one occasion that starting becomes sluggish when I've cleaned it and had the doors open for a while. I think I'll be swapping the battery in the not too distant future to be fair. I'll take some pics when it's dark. Just the numberplate bulb to swap now and that’s all the lights on the car upgraded.

Kit I bought is: https://www.powerfuluk.com/vehicles/pickup...rsion.html

I did get it off their eBay site though as it was cheaper for some reason.

Next job is to spray the grill and the side vents black when I pluck up the courage! She's getting a run out next week as we're off to the Yorkshire Dales for a week.

Post #421417 20th May 2022 2:12 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123