Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > If I lose my remote control..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

Not sure if this works but would love someone to try it out!!

Received an email from a friend with useful information regarding mobile phones. For example did you know that you can dial 999 with your keypad locked and it will still dial? Or if you have no signal you can dial 112 (again with your keypad locked) and it will dial 999 on whatever network it can get coverage on?

Well anyway, if you lock your fob in the car and your spare is at home if you contact someone at home on their mobile using your mobile get them to press the unlock button on the remote whilst pointing it at their mobile phone, point your phone at your car and it 'should' unlock! SOMEBODY PLEASE TRY IT (but do it close to home otherwise if it doesnt work you WILL be locked out!!!)

Post #41336 29th Apr 2009 2:45 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i presume they will have a maximum distance they tow the car due to key loss/theft if there is a spare available, they might pay for addtional expenses like train fair to go get the key, B&B and such like

I would rather not find out TBH Wink Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #41337 29th Apr 2009 2:45 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

shilen wrote:

Received an email from a friend with useful information regarding mobile phones. For example did you know that you can dial 999 with your keypad locked and it will still dial?

Yes I once got a call from the 999 switchboard asking if I was ok. My nokia had dialed 999 due to me sitting on the phone in my back pocket Embarassed The same nokia had a habit of dialling the first number in the address book accidentally I'd sit on it and my delicate buttock managed to unlock it and press the big button a few times causing it to dial Evil or Very Mad I solve the problem by adding a false number in the phone called 'aa' so it always rang that number. The man at 'A1 tractors' was most relieved apparently he got a lot of such accidental calls being top of a lot of farmers address books At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #41339 29th Apr 2009 3:53 pm
dick

England 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Baltic Blue

shilen wrote:
Well anyway, if you lock your fob in the car and your spare is at home if you contact someone at home on their mobile using your mobile get them to press the unlock button on the remote whilst pointing it at their mobile phone, point your phone at your car and it 'should' unlock! SOMEBODY PLEASE TRY IT (but do it close to home otherwise if it doesnt work you WILL be locked out!!!)

Only 29 days late Smile

For those that care, the key fob works on the 433MHz 'unrestricted' band (you can see the details if you pull the emergency unlock key out and look inside the end.)

zone30 wrote:
My car closes automatically when the key is out of the ignition and the car after 2 minutes.

I can think of a situation where one opens the car and the then the back. Put the keys in the boot to pick up something to put in there. close the boot and forget fo 2 minutes the key is still in the boot. Car locks up automatically and you're scr Censored wed.

Does yours automatically lock, even when one of the doors has been opened? I thought it will automatically re-lock after a minute (or 2, not going to get the manual out just for that!) only if no door has opened.

- Dick

Post #41387 30th Apr 2009 12:54 pm
zone30

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

Guess not when one of the doors is opened or the engine is running, everything must be closed I think and the fob must removed. Saw it happening once and the dealer told me at delivery.

For exact details on how it works I guess you need to read the manual, as I only glanced at it to read how the fob works.

Post #41390 30th Apr 2009 1:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

I have the folding mirrors on my FL2 so everytime I wash it I have to unlock the car and open a door and shut it again - car will then NOT autolock. it will only autolock if you do not open a door within the 1 or 2 minute timescale (as I found out the first time I washed it and got attacked by the wing mirror folding back in!) Laughing Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #41391 30th Apr 2009 2:57 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12