« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Vehicle Warranty 4u extended warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Morayjohny

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Firenze Red
Vehicle Warranty 4u extended warranty

Hi, has anyone got any experience of of extended warranties from Vehicle Warranty 4u?

I was sent an email from them offering their 3 years for the price of 1 a d when asked for a quote they came back with £789.00 which on the face of it seems a fair price, although each claim is limited to £2000.

I've attached a few screenshots to the gallery that show some of the details of the policy.

Look forward to hearing people's views.

Thanks

John Life's too short, enjoy yourself

64 plate firenze red metropolis

Post #411285 11th Aug 2021 7:33 pm
Wonderdust

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Never had a one with them, dont know if you have had warranties before but may I suggest you read the small print very carefully.
Some of the hoops you have to jump through for a claim with some of them are unbelievable!

Post #411287 11th Aug 2021 8:08 pm
ReggiePerrin

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

Three years for the price of one year would set alarm bells ringing for me. If it was an unsolicited email then it wouldn’t get a second glance either.

Three years for £789 = £263 per year…. That seems to be an average sort of per year basic warranty cost so three years for the price of three might be a better description. Vehicle Warranty 4U is an Autoguard Warranties Ltd reseller so checking reviews for Autoguard might be useful.

Post #411295 12th Aug 2021 10:52 am
Volrider

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Firenze Red

We bought a car from a big 2nd hand car market type of place I stupidly bought the three year warranty (only pay for 2) I was lucky I never needed to claim as doing so was a tough task in that my usual garage said they do not touch them simply because they have to wait for the assessor to arrive to approve any claim and that meant they car taking up space while they waited often up on ramps, so getting a garage to do this would be tough. If this warranty lets you take it "anywhere" then beware of this. If the warranty says THEY will carry out the repairs (much like a main dealer warranty) then as long as the policy covers the main items it would be ok I guess. One final thing main dealer warranties are expensive and often do not cover everything... I had a Vauxhall Antara prior to the FL2, great motor but the 2.2 diesel engine was renowned for leaking oil from the upper and lower sump/block which often is an engine out job. Their warranty covered oil leaks but only if the engine did not need to be removed! 2014 Freelander 2 XS TD4
Firenze Red

Post #411298 12th Aug 2021 1:16 pm
CJOver

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

I also got a paid for warranty when I purchased my current FL2 - when I did make a claim (for locks that needed replacing) I discovered that they only pay £45 per hour for garage time.....somewhere in the small print MY13 HSE Lux Santorini Black
MY11 HSE Santorini Black Gone
MY08 SE Blue, Gone
Alfa Romeo GT Gone
Alfa Romeo 156 Space wagon Gone
Volvo V40 Gone
Volvo 480ES Gone
VW Sirocco GTX Gone

Post #411316 12th Aug 2021 8:16 pm
Volrider

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Firenze Red

Thats less than half a dealer charge! I really think warranties are a bit of gamble 2014 Freelander 2 XS TD4
Firenze Red

Post #411321 13th Aug 2021 10:09 am
GundogSD4

England 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

A paper or third party warranty is more often than not a waste of money and a right royal pain in the Censored to claim from, there are some decent straight forward car/bike dealers out there that will keep a percentage of each vehicle sale in a warranty "pot" so when a problem does arise they will pay for the repair causing the buyer a minimal amount of hassle, that in my opinion is how it should be done Thumbs Up

Post #411323 13th Aug 2021 12:51 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

My family has had experience of LR extended warranty and 3rd party ones. We found the LR warranty was the best and less hassle but more expensive of course.
My wife has a Suzuki Swift and when the car was 3 years old she bought a Suzuki extended warranty for £180. Lot cheaper than LR but probably more reliable anyway. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #411427 17th Aug 2021 7:32 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1