Home > Technical > Advice for baby car seat please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
PurpleClare

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Buckingham Blue
Advice for baby car seat please

Hi

My 15 month old is about ready to get a new car seat. I’d like to keep him rear facing for as long as possible for extra safety.

I’m looking at the Britax Romer Max Way Plus - on the website when I check that it fits my FL2 it says it does but has an important information note that I read as fits > facelift 2013 therefore I assume that means it’s no good for my 2008 FL2 ?

https://www.britax-romer.co.uk/fitfinder

How do you read this? Has anyone got this car seat fitted to their FL2 or know what’s the difference as to why it would fit 2013 model and not a 2008?

Any advice or suggestions for a good rearward facing car seat would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Kind regards

Clare

Post #410859 31st Jul 2021 7:03 pm
Badger51

Australia 

“ I’m looking at the Britax Romer Max Way Plus - on the website when I check that it fits my FL2 it says it does but has an important information note that I read as fits > facelift 2013 therefore I assume that means it’s no good for my 2008 FL2 ?”

Personally I’d interpret that totally opposite to what you are & that it will fit “up to facelift 2013” models.

Don’t take my word for it though & I’m sure a quick phone call will give you the desired answer. (Now Sold). 2008 Freelander 2 (Nazca Sand) SE TD4 Auto. Statutory write off & on WOVR for hail damage but still road legal.
171037Km as of 09/05/22
Superchips Bluefin Flash
Nanocom Evo II (also sold)

Post #410866 31st Jul 2021 10:54 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

At the top of the page there is a button called 'Search' , type in baby seat or isofix & a lot of threads come up. There may be some information which can help. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #410873 1st Aug 2021 4:43 am
ReggiePerrin

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red
Re: Advice for baby car seat please

PurpleClare wrote:
Hi

My 15 month old is about ready to get a new car seat. I’d like to keep him rear facing for as long as possible for extra safety.

I’m looking at the Britax Romer Max Way Plus - on the website when I check that it fits my FL2 it says it does but has an important information note that I read as fits > facelift 2013 therefore I assume that means it’s no good for my 2008 FL2 ?

https://www.britax-romer.co.uk/fitfinder

How do you read this? Has anyone got this car seat fitted to their FL2 or know what’s the difference as to why it would fit 2013 model and not a 2008?

Any advice or suggestions for a good rearward facing car seat would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Kind regards

Clare

I am reading the 'important note' as 'fits up to facelift 2013' cars. Covers them all really as 2013 was the last significant facelift as the car went out of production in late 2014.

Have a look at Halfords - something that is rear/front facing and Isofix…. For example: https://www.halfords.com/baby-and-child/ca...=Blk%2FGry

Your local store(s) may have a selection / click and collect etc and if it doesn’t fit or you don’t like, back to your local store for refund is easy. Never thought I’d be suggesting Halfords for anything more important than a bottle of car shampoo Very Happy

Post #410884 1st Aug 2021 9:35 am
PurpleClare

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Buckingham Blue

Hi,

Thanks very much everyone this is all really useful and i agree I think it means up to facelift model!

Thumbs Up

KR

Clare

Post #410912 1st Aug 2021 5:50 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1