Home > Technical > Won’t start when warm
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Patcars

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
Won’t start when warm

Hi all

First post so be easy on me, my brother has a Freelander 2 GS 2012, he recently had the engine management light pop up and restricted power, diagnosed as EGR fault, EGR blanked off, ECU removed, patch fitted and a remap, I picked the car up from the soft wear people, drove it home to my house (brother on holiday) after about an hour I needed to move it and it wouldn’t start, turning over (new battery fitted recently), no smoke from exhaust and two fault codes, B100A-15 and B108B-23, stop start button and, I think fuel pump in the fuel tank, I have renewed switch a fitted new fuel filter, now the car stars runs for many miles but when you stop and the engine is warm, it won’t restart, codes checked (Gap tool) and the B100A-15 is permanently there, if you leave the car for a couple of hours it will start no problem, any ideas I am completely stumped ? Big Cry

Post #410632 25th Jul 2021 3:44 pm
Patcars

Hi all

Small update car starts 95% of the time with a landrover supplied fuel filter, see upload of both, the genuine one is the one without the clip (Bosch), booked in to local independent to check why it won’t start every time, I presume due to the lack of replies this is a rare occurrence, hopefully the post may help another member, will update when car is checked over (it will be in August).

Post #410685 27th Jul 2021 2:19 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

There has been an awful lot of people who have had trouble with aftermarket fuel filters. Even reputable makes have given trouble, let alone clones of reputable makes. The fuel filter aids in engine warmup by recirculating the fuel, I wonder is it allowing the fuel to get too hot? Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #410688 27th Jul 2021 3:28 pm
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

As Andy says, you really need to fit a LR Fuel Filter (with an internal thermostat). Your symptoms seem to match a non LR Fuel Filter fit.

Lots of Info here
Look for Alex Pescaru's comments as he explains things well.

https://www.freel2.com/forum/topic9310.html

and even more here

https://www.freel2.com/forum/search.php?se...rch_time=0 FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 76k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #410689 27th Jul 2021 3:44 pm
Patcars

Thanks Andy/Ian

The Bosch filter was fitted by another, not myself, I fitted an LR filter this morning, read all the threads you mentioned before I put up my post, bled the system as advised and it is now starting most of the time on first crank, didn’t know there was a thermostat in the filter ( every day is a learning day) with all the hot weather this may have exasperated the problem, thanks for the input, car will still be checked as it is still not 100%

Post #410690 27th Jul 2021 4:04 pm
I Like Chips

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

B100A-15 comes up on mine. It can be disregarded as it has no effect on startup whatsoever. I am of the opinion that it is something to do with the initial start up procedure not correctly handing information to the ECU. If you find anything different please let us know.

Post #410697 27th Jul 2021 7:19 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1