« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Piggy back Fuse holder in the boot
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
a100ian

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black
Piggy back Fuse holder in the boot

Please can someone tell me which of these fuses is best to piggyback which will turn off completely when the ignition is turned off for a 2008 GS?

My multimeter has packed in and I can't check myself. I was using FB6 after testing it in action and it seemed fine. However, I am now having battery drain issues which could be unrelated as it is a couple of weeks earlier that I fitted it but just thought I should start there.

I am probably going to get my battery checked at the weekend but when I double lock the car overnight it seems to not drain the battery. But if I leave the car unlocked during the day even without the ignition on and the fob left in the cupholder the car won't start come the afternoon.

Looking at my usb voltmeter I am losing about 0.4V during the day.

Thanks!

Post #410171 14th Jul 2021 8:09 pm
a100ian

Just a quick update, I got the battery tested at Halfords and they said it was OK; this was the reading;

I cannot understand why it says recharge as it was charged up before setting off.
Even without the piggyback fuseholder in place the voltage still dropped today to below 11.5V and the car would not start.
My father has a spare battery off a disco 1 and the readings on my Cigarette lighter voltage meter (thanks again for the advice of getting one of these shiggsy!) has remained 12.1V throughout the afternoon.
My theory is my battery is in fact damaged in someway but not enough to show up on Halfords battery tester. I will have to look at getting an independent battery test done. As it still has two years remaining on the five year warranty.
Also the alternator is working fine as the voltage goes up to around 14V when the engine is running.

Post #410256 16th Jul 2021 4:32 pm
ReggiePerrin

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

Check your door locks are all working properly…. The N/s front door lock failed on mine such that it couldn't lock the door on mine and drained the battery fairly quickly to the point where I got the three minutes to armageddon warning and the permanent traction control error and then no starting. Fixed the lock - no more battery related problems although I then then fitted a new battery in a belt and braces approach having lost confidence in the several timed deeply discharged original battery.

I believe the failed lock, in not signalling operation completed, kept the car fully awake 24/7 but maybe somebody mire knowledgeable than me would if that is the case.

Post #410257 16th Jul 2021 4:42 pm
a100ian

Thanks for your reply. I will have to look at replacing my passenger door lock at some point as it is no longer opening on the button everytime but for now I have resolved my issue with using a different battery.

Post #410563 23rd Jul 2021 7:34 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1