Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Various car electric problems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
mrbee

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

I've taken a punt on a touch screen unit but wonder if its a MOST problem? I'm not sure what equipment is on the SD4 system compared to the TD4. I believe if one unit fails then they all do??
The reversing camera burst into life once and in the passenger footwell there is a fibre optic that has a blanked end and the light is pulsing.
Does anyone know if non franchise garage's would be able to diagnose or is it main dealer type of test? Thanks

Post #408477 31st May 2021 5:45 pm
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

Can you confirm that you have a SD4 and give some idea of the year.
I notice that your first post was about about fitting a tow bar. Did this involve you disturbing the electrics or was it only about the physical connection? FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 74k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #408485 31st May 2021 10:36 pm
mrbee

It's a 2013 sd4. The electric were already fitted since I bought the FR2 around 7 years back and it's a detachable tow hook. No leads have been fitted into the sockets either.

Post #408488 1st Jun 2021 6:58 am
mrbee

Latest update...Had another play and found the 40 amp fuse for the amp blown. Fiber optic live to unit but not passing through to next unit believed to be for the rear camera. Fiber optic linked out and camera now working. All other items still dead. Disconnected all cables to amp and replaced fuse (temp) now supply on to amp plug. Connected with all other cables still out and fuse blew.

Guessing amp is U/S? I wonder if any other components caused the amp to fail in the first instance or can I take it the amp has failed on its own? Does anyone know if they're repairable and if so by who?

Any one got a spare for a 2013 SD4 HSE Lux? Even second hand seem to be very expensive? Many thanks.

Post #409619 30th Jun 2021 8:40 pm
mrbee

Evening Chaps

Still no joy, I'm told fault codes state loosing communications?? Needs to be investigated more but a what cost? The display all works fine and volume can be selected, but alas nothing not even a click.

For the amplifier to have had a dead short to blow a 40 amp fuse I thought I would see or smell something in it, but nothing visible?

Could it be possible for a speaker to go down with a dead short preventing the others from working? Has anyone had such a fault? Could a defective parking sensor cause the same too? Can the front and rear parking sensor's be un-plugged easily and where from?

Is there any other audio signal processors hidden anywhere?
Many thanks

Post #410292 17th Jul 2021 10:07 pm
ReggiePerrin

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

mrbee wrote:

Can the front and rear parking sensor's be un-plugged easily and where from?

The parking sensors have a connector near the to bumper (to facilitate bumper cover removal) - Having taken the rear covers off of two cars, I can't remember quite whether you can get to that one without removing (or releasing the lower rear part of) the driver's side (iirc) wheel arch liner.

Disconnecting parking sensors will just cause more faults to thrown though, wouldn't it

I wish I could plug my memory into an iCarsoft and read its fault codes Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing

Post #410299 18th Jul 2021 7:22 am
IanMetro

mrbee wrote:
Evening Chaps

Still no joy, I'm told fault codes state loosing communications?? Needs to be investigated more but a what cost? The display all works fine and volume can be selected, but alas nothing not even a click.

Many thanks

I'm not sure that anyone can help with more specific advice without knowing the fault codes.

Can you not ask for a copy of the codes in chronological order, and if possible a re-read of the codes after originals have been reset.

The FL2 is very good at monitoring what is going on, although rather reluctant to tell anyone in an easily understood way, but a fresh set of codes, in the order they happen might help.

Many modules/actions rely on signals from other parts of the car before they allow actions. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)

Post #410306 18th Jul 2021 10:42 am
mrbee

Good morning...Another day and no change.

Many thanks for your replies. I will ask for a copy of the fault codes. I was told it had shown a number of defective parking sensors. Weather this is just due to the overall problem of no audio output I don't know? Could defective parking sensors bring down the audio output of the amp?

Has anyone got a wiring diagram for the speaker out puts?

I've disconnected the parking aid unit but no change. Can one "dead" speaker prevent the others from working? The amp I have is a recommended replacement for the Prem 16 thou a 12 and with all the same plugs. Could this be the cause? Very puzzling and time consuming.

Post #410403 20th Jul 2021 6:37 am
mrbee

Is it possible that the high amp 12 (new) is an incorrect replacement for a premium 16? I would have thought it was just a lower spec and possibly lower sound quality but would still work?

If I'm wrong I may have something to sell??

Post #410430 20th Jul 2021 4:50 pm
IanMetro

mrbee wrote:
I've taken a punt on a touch screen unit but wonder if its a MOST problem? I'm not sure what equipment is on the SD4 system compared to the TD4. I believe if one unit fails then they all do??
The reversing camera burst into life once and in the passenger footwell there is a fibre optic that has a blanked end and the light is pulsing.
Does anyone know if non franchise garage's would be able to diagnose or is it main dealer type of test? Thanks

I'm not sure that I am keeping up with your fault finding, but I noticed your question about the fibre optic MOST Bus.

As the MOST Bus has a ring type topology, the signal has one path to travel and it can only reach its destination if it passes successfully through each node. And each of these nodes is another electronic module. So, if something goes wrong with any of the nodes (if any MOST network device malfunctions), the ring becomes broken and the communication path becomes unusable .

I am sure that you have looked at the various DIY fault finding guides via Google like this below-

https://mca.electricmura.ro/en/blog-bmw-most-troubleshoot/

Do you know what that loose fibre optic under the passenger's mat does, or should do, and if it should be connected to a module like the parking switch, or similar? FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)

Post #410453 20th Jul 2021 10:31 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12