Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [Sold] 2014 (64) Freelander 2 SD4 Auto SE Tech - Santori
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Dave_A

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Santorini Black
[Sold] 2014 (64) Freelander 2 SD4 Auto SE Tech - Santori

Ad Order No 210712-342

Reduced to £16,250 to accommodate the cambelt service due in Sep/Oct.

Hi All

Read a fair bit on here and posted a bit on Disco3 when I was looking for one but not got the post count so I've paid for this ad, not going to waste everyone's time spamming my way to 25 posts!!!

Hoping for a genuine buyer, so...

2014 (64) Freelander 2 SD4 Auto SE Tech - Santorini Black current mileage 40,555 miles.

Purchased pre-first lockdown on 28/02/2020 from Lancaster JLR Birmingham North as a Land Rover Approved car with 33,400 miles.

Has full Land Rover service history done every year on-time and is still under LR extended warranty that I paid for in Feb and runs till the end of Feb 2022 and is transferable to the new owner.

Very good condition as I guess is to be expected for the low miles. I am interested in full disclosure, there are a couple of marks I am aware of from washing it regularly.

- There is a slight dink on the rear left wheel arch that nearly had me not going through with buying it as I didn't notice it on agreeing to purchase but was there on collection Censored but in the end decided how many low mileage Approved Freelanders are out there and within reasonable distance so ended up taking it, I barely notice now and hard to see unless very clean and looking for it or light catches right.

- Another small dink on the right rear just ahead of the rear light, this should be able to be smart repaired but not got round to it, doesn't bother me that much.

- A mark on the driver's door (not dented) where the wing mirror hit when someone in an L200 kindly decided their side of the road wasn't enough and took the wing mirror. I replaced the whole mirror unit but the mark remains on the door.

Pictures of these imperfection can be sent should you wish, I went to take them this morning but with water droplets on the car from rain overnight you can't see any of them!!!

Interior is excellent in the cabin, few scratches to the plastics in the boot area, it has been used and have had the dog in there albeit in his little tent, you may find the odd dog hair. No adverse smells, he's a Border Terrier, not like I've been ferrying around wet Labradors or anything (no offence to Labradors Laughing )

I purchased the wheels that are currently on it (genuine) shortly after buying the car, and still have the SE Tech wheels too, with one carried in the well as a spare. All have Conti tyres with plenty of tread.

The car will require the small service next in September together with the MOT but the extended warranty also includes MOT Insurance so I would recommend getting this done at LR for piece of mind which is what I did last year.

Only selling due to a house purchase and already sorted the car situation going forward so the FL is now kind of surplus to requirements as nice as it is.

Price wise, you can't find a 2014 FL2 of a decent spec with this mileage for anything short of 17k+ (emphasis on the plus) and they haven't got the history or the warranty. So as it stands I am looking for (now revised) £16,250 and for that you can have both sets of wheels.

Also, forgot to mention it has the LR fitted towbar which I have used once to pick up an mx5 for a friend. Tows beautifully I might add.

Thanks for reading if you are interested and got this far Thumbs Up

Dave

Hopefully the below link works for photos...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/photos/share/hHIy...e78r7US4WG

Last edited by Dave_A on 4th Aug 2021 5:49 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #410041 12th Jul 2021 11:40 am
Kage

Link doesn’t work. It links to ‘hub nuts’, which seems to be some sort of marketing agency. There’s another link on here from riverblanche which is doing the same thing.

Post #410044 12th Jul 2021 12:31 pm
3landertwo

I found the link to work, ok.

Nice it is freshly washed.

Good Luck with sale.

Post #410045 12th Jul 2021 12:36 pm
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White
Re: [For Sale] 2014 (64) Freelander 2 SD4 Auto SE Tech - San

Dave_A wrote:

2014 (64) Freelander 2 SD4 Auto SE Tech - Santorini Black current mileage 40,555 miles.

Purchased pre-first lockdown on 28/02/2020 from Lancaster JLR Birmingham North as a Land Rover Approved car with 33,400 miles.

Has full Land Rover service history done every year on-time and is still under LR extended warranty that I paid for in Feb and runs till the end of Feb 2022 and is transferable to the new owner.

The car will require the small service next in September together with the MOT but the extended warranty also includes MOT Insurance so I would recommend getting this done at LR for piece of mind which is what I did last year.

The Full Service History and Extended LR Warranty takes a lot of the risk out of buying from a private seller.

As mine is the same age (7yr) and is in for a Major 'Belt Change' Service this Wednesday, won't this car need it this year, or has it already been done.

Looks a nice late example for those who are on the 'FL2 Wanted' list.

(Link worked OK) FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 74k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #410048 12th Jul 2021 2:21 pm
Kage

Working for me now too.

Post #410053 12th Jul 2021 5:45 pm
Landy64

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

Link works fine

Post #410054 12th Jul 2021 6:15 pm
Milothedog

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

IanMetro wrote:
Dave_A wrote:

The Full Service History and Extended LR Warranty takes a lot of the risk out of buying from a private seller.

As mine is the same age (7yr) and is in for a Major 'Belt Change' Service this Wednesday, won't this car need it this year, or has it already been done.

(Link worked OK)

Just curious what you are paying for the belt service. I got ours done last year by an authorised LR service agent. I negotiated a deal for belt kit, waterpump and an A service for £640. two indy's I approached quoted circa £800 2007 TD4 XS The work horse that earns its up keep
2013 SD4 HSE The posh one for towing the caravan
1973 Triumph Stag I bought in 2009 and restored.

Post #410055 12th Jul 2021 6:24 pm
Dave_A

[/quote]

(Link worked OK)[/quote]

Bloody hell, I thought it was 10 years, looked when I bought it but obviously took the first answer. I see now that post MY12 is 7 years as you say.

This of course can be discussed and negotiated with anyone interested, I don’t really want to get it done ahead of schedule.

Thanks for the heads up.

Post #410057 12th Jul 2021 7:40 pm
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

Milothedog wrote:

Just curious what you are paying for the belt service. I got ours done last year by an authorised LR service agent. I negotiated a deal for belt kit, waterpump and an A service for £640. two indy's I approached quoted circa £800

Milo the quote from Guy Salmon LR Main Dealer for Service and Belt Change was £749.

Hopefully my MOT will be free as per their 'Lifetime Free mot' which came with the car, although each time I have to have a little discussion over the meaning of 'LIFETIME' to convince them.

I also will need rear brake discs and pads. (both my FL2s have had a habit of consuming more rear bake parts than front, which I assume is to do with the various automatic stability controls)

I am fully expecting an overall bill exceeding £1000, but that includes a loan DS, and a slick, attentive operation complete with video health check of my car. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 74k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #410064 13th Jul 2021 8:36 am
Milothedog

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

Thanks for the reply Ian, hope it goes well. I always used Lookers Landrover Battersea, but last year went to a newly appointed LR service and repair agent, (West Motor Company) all the usual LR stuff like the 2 year warranty on the work and the video walk round. I was a little disappointed with what they suggested needed doing but after a chat with the service manager and pointing out I worked in the trade all my life and they were trying to generate work. They backed off then saying that they can only go by what the technician reports. I did all my brakes myself about 3 years ago. I got a complete kit of OE pads and disc from the supplier on here for about £240. I don't mind doing some work like this myself but am too old now to get involved in timing belts and water pumps, especially as I would need to do it in the road outside my house as we live in a terraced house. I do have a garage where I keep my Stag and Motorbike but again its not an option to work on anything there,

This year I took it to a small local garage that has very good reputation. I paid £290 for a B service and MOT, very happy with that.

Good Luck (another) Ian Thumbs Up 2007 TD4 XS The work horse that earns its up keep
2013 SD4 HSE The posh one for towing the caravan
1973 Triumph Stag I bought in 2009 and restored.

Post #410065 13th Jul 2021 9:13 am
Dave_A

Price revised to £16,250 to accommodate the cambelt service due on 7 years, which will be the same for all 64 plate cars.

Thanks
Dave

Post #410457 21st Jul 2021 8:34 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1