Home > Technical > New FL2 owner couple of things not sure about
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Plingy

2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Barolo Black
New FL2 owner couple of things not sure about

Hi all
Iv just got myself a old but well looked after Fr2e 2010 plate and just finding my way around its gadgets.
1st I’m not sure if my eco is working as It’s not stoped / started once whilst Iv been at lights, despite being in neutral and foot off clutch. Is this a problem with all 2010 models with it being old tec ?

Also was a bit gutted to find it didn’t have a audio connectivity modular , but just a old iPod cable and no USB ports , and again put it down to old model.
Whilst looking for the fuse box this morning I found a usb cable tucked in to the top but it has a small memory stick in it. Any ideas what this usb and memory stick is for ? Dose it have something on it that runs a system on the vehicle or can I plug my phone in and listen to music from my phone ..
Thanks

Post #409820 6th Jul 2021 12:27 pm
shiggsy

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

Regarding the stop start it's most likely a tired battery, stop start won't work with a low battery. 
Hung like Einstein, smart as a horse.

Post #409821 6th Jul 2021 1:04 pm
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

The Eco stop/start systems were and still are not the greatest on Land Rovers.
Freelander2 are very battery sensitive so if your main battery is not in near perfect condition you can get all sorts of weird errors.
You should have an AGM battery on yours, normal batteries dont have the capacity to cope with the stop/start requirements on them so if your bothered about it working i would start there and get you battery checked for type and performance.

All Freelander2 up to 2012 (with the Alpine head units and speakers) only had the 3.5mm jack socket between the front seats and even this can be a bit flaky. There was a LR accessory for iPod connectivity which as you say you have it should be one of the wide connectors.... very old Apple!

The USB in the glovebox sounds like an aftermarket addition hard wired into the AUX on the head unit, so check what is on the USB stick thats in there, you may well be able to plug your phone into it to play music direct to AUX.

Post #409822 6th Jul 2021 1:17 pm
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

Copy of my post from thread link below

IanMetro wrote:
Not sure about my 2010 XS radio spec, but it had a USB port hidden in the glovebox.

steven211 wrote:
Where about was it? I've had a look but can't see one

IanMetro wrote:
Steven
I no longer have the car and although I have search both at home and on the internet I cannot find any clues.

The USB socket was mounted in the roof of the glovebox, and had a LR leaflet explaining its use.
I can only think it may have been an accessory. I think my XS was originally one of the first demonstators and had lots of extras to please the customers.

I still have the USB stick, but I was disappointed with the installation as the XS would only play the music serially, and apart from 'skip' I had no control over selection.

https://www.freel2.com/forum/topic32242.html FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 76k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #409826 6th Jul 2021 5:14 pm
Plingy

shiggsy wrote:
Regarding the stop start it's most likely a tired battery, stop start won't work with a low battery.
Thanks for reply .. Reading comments on here and a quick web search suggests it essentially very good when new and will come on and off whenever it chooses .. thanks

Post #409894 8th Jul 2021 11:54 am
Plingy

RogB wrote:
The Eco stop/start systems were and still are not the greatest on Land Rovers.
Freelander2 are very battery sensitive so if your main battery is not in near perfect condition you can get all sorts of weird errors.
You should have an AGM battery on yours, normal batteries dont have the capacity to cope with the stop/start requirements on them so if your bothered about it working i would start there and get you battery checked for type and performance.

All Freelander2 up to 2012 (with the Alpine head units and speakers) only had the 3.5mm jack socket between the front seats and even this can be a bit flaky. There was a LR accessory for iPod connectivity which as you say you have it should be one of the wide connectors.... very old Apple!

The USB in the glovebox sounds like an aftermarket addition hard wired into the AUX on the head unit, so check what is on the USB stick thats in there, you may well be able to plug your phone into it to play music direct to AUX.

Thanks , very useful info ..
Iv trued my phone in it and selected AUx but not getting anything from it ..

Have now found a snooper 2000 DAB kit in the boot but don’t know if it’s working or if it needs to be tuned into the radio fm frequency , gunna do a post about it see if anyone has come across one ..
thanks for the info

Post #409895 8th Jul 2021 12:00 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1