Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > P2455 Diesel Particulate Filter differential pressure errors
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
sd42010

United Kingdom 
P2455 Diesel Particulate Filter differential pressure errors

(Apologies for the non-descriptive subject line - it seems the forum only allows 60 chars for it - full error text is "...Differential Pressure Sensor Circuit High")

2010 SD4 showing Reduced engine performance message (REP) and was in limp mode. Reset using OBD/Torque.
Went to start, sounded like it sputtered then gave up (didn't start). REP again, I think with engine light.
Several resets later, still no good - as soon as turning on/driving off, limp + REP (but often not engine light).

I did quite a decent search here and elsewhere but couldn't find many P2455s nor further information.

From the error message and splutter, I assume the DPF (or other part of engine "breathing" system) is restricted, though it could be a faulty sensor failing immediately.

In the first instance, thinking about cost of repair - if I take it to a Land Rover (not main dealer) garage near me, what do people think are reasonable (range of) costs for parts + labour for the following:
- diags
- DPF removal (and why)
- clean of DPF if coaked up
- new sensor
- other

Working out best way to approach this. Any help / pointers gratefully received.

Last edited by sd42010 on 3rd Jun 2021 9:06 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #408547 2nd Jun 2021 5:04 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

from my notes the code P2455 reads

P2455 Diesel particulate filter differential pressure sensor - circuit high

Which in my book means that the pressure sensor or associated circuit is open/short circuit, rather than reading a high pressure.

There is a sub code, for example P2455 13 would mean open circuit, P2455 18 - General electrical failure - circuit current below threshold Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #408569 2nd Jun 2021 9:13 pm
sd42010

United Kingdom 

That's right, Andy - should have put the full text in the top of the body originally. I've now edited so it's there.

If I'm following your thinking, you're suggesting faulty sensor. Unfortunately I don't think I can get the sub-code with Torque and my OBD, but the garage will be able to I assume.

If it's a/the sensor, what are we thinking for £ of part(s) and labour to remove/fit new? Is it easy to get to?

Post #408589 3rd Jun 2021 9:09 am
Andy131

United Kingdom 

Not done the job but it looks like an hour on the ramps and a sensor cost £150 - £200 Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #408598 3rd Jun 2021 9:33 am
Iepulere2

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

Had a pressure difference DPF error last summer, though not recalling exactly the code number.
Mine was an easy fix, the rubber hoses of the sensor were gone, so I just replaced them with some fuel lines, went and give it a nice 30 km drive on the highway to clear the DPF and since then no issues.

Post #409290 22nd Jun 2021 2:54 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1