Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > HELLO EVERYONE,NEWBIE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 

Ralph you can't hold CG's tractor up, they just drive down the middle of the road at 5 mph anyway Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #40515 15th Apr 2009 2:59 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Rolling with laughter At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #40516 15th Apr 2009 3:01 pm
michnig

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

hi npinks

just ordered zermatt silver gs spec,pick up saturday,not gone for e as this one was in stock so therefore very good price but had to take a killin on st3 bit upset but suppose it equals out.thanks nigel

npinks wrote:
Hi Michnig

Are the sill cover the HST body ki Question t, which would be colour coded to the body work and a slightly different style

If your not fancying the body kit, a descent paint sprayer could prime and code the car for you

hope that helps Thumbs Up

which did you go for spec/colour etc. and whats the delivery time, and have you gone for the new TD4_e version

BTW, CAPS LOCK IS SHOUTING on a forum Laughing
 LLAMAS ARE BIGGER THAN FROGS

Post #40524 15th Apr 2009 5:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
michnig

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

Ralphk wrote:
Hi Newbie!
Until you came along I was the rookie on this site.
I bought my FL2 because I wanted something reliable and powerful to pull our van (Abbey GTS418). Ours is a automatice and though it only has 300 miles on the clock and two weeks old it pulls like and dream and is rock steady despite me keeping the revs in check and having respect for the drive train until more run-in.
It's good that there is another caravanner on the forum as we get some stick from one or two (CG in particular) but dont worry about it the less enlightened other members will see that we are the superior race.
This is a super forum with loads of help and helpful people to guide you on your way.
Don't forget, tell all about your FL2.

Cheers!

hi ralphk
thanks for kind words.i take it some people take a dim view to caravaning on this site,im as new to caravans as to modern landys having purchased a baily ranger gt60 oct last year and love it but company car may be down graded so had to get decent tow car.thanks nigel LLAMAS ARE BIGGER THAN FROGS

Post #40526 15th Apr 2009 5:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

well there are a lot of caravaner's on here that will give you advice if you need it

Just start a thread and ask in the 'off topic' section Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #40527 15th Apr 2009 5:52 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i have just been looking at the LR website

appears that the photos on there are standard trim which has been colour coded, is this a change for the MY09 models Question Question

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I thought about this when i first got mine, looking at them i quite like it Cool Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #40529 15th Apr 2009 7:20 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Shocked you just noticed that Nick Question - thought everybody realised that LR had started making the sensible non-scratchble areas to now be scratchable Shocked

Doesn’t suit a proper 4x4, “colour coding” Laughing its just for urban blingers Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #40556 16th Apr 2009 6:32 am
Hooky

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Sumatra Black

Plus good to see they've sorted out their paint process. I've never seen a LR with paint as good as those in the pics!!! Orange peel seems standard finish! Also available in Clean.

Post #40569 16th Apr 2009 10:23 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

mine isn't too bad in the orange peel area, though i wouldn't say 100% smooth Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #40573 16th Apr 2009 10:44 am
Ralphk

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver

I am quite pleased with the paint job on mine especially after having a Merc where the finish was superb. I would say that the Fl2 is every bit as good. Ralph
Zurmatt Silver, Diesel, Automatic, side steps, mud flaps, mats, boot liner, TomTom Start 60 installed, rubbing strips, removable Brink tow bar, after market tinted glass, front styling bar, Rear spoiler, Motorlicious tail pipe trim. Wood Company centre armrest

Post #40580 16th Apr 2009 12:02 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

another thing i have noticed on the owners info site, there seems to be lots of bling attachments now available

grill, side vents, boot strip lower bumper strips which are all there as accessories

if that floats your boat Confused Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #40598 16th Apr 2009 6:11 pm
Froggy

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black
Newbie - Hi all

Spotted you lot when I was doing a trawl, after putting down a deposit on a Black FL2 SX last week.
Picked up the motor and am really pleased with it. It's just a pity that I walk to work, otherwise I would be out in it every morning and evening! Cool The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its' limits - Albert Einstein

Post #40872 21st Apr 2009 9:47 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Welcome Froggy - pity its black, but I am sure you will love it all the same Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #40891 22nd Apr 2009 8:18 am
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Welcome to the boards fellas!

michnig, CG just has some pent up anger issues and plus he might not be getting "any" these days with a newborn in the house Laughing

Froggy, somehow you'll find a 15 mile trip to work just so you can get out driving Thumbs Up
Finiding an excuse to go driving is part of the fun of the FL2! Once you've tasted GREY you'll never go back!

Post #40895 22nd Apr 2009 9:38 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12