« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Cold Start Good - Hot Start Bad
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Bob

United Kingdom 
Cold Start Good - Hot Start Bad

2013 TD4HSE Auto, 30k miles, owned 7 years.

My local indie is stumped and I have seached the forum and net for posts listing similar symptoms but not found this combination so looking for help please.

Starts cold easily but with very slight uneveness/missfire felt and indicated on the rev counter, then runs fine.

When at normal temperature then shut down and left for more than a few minutes, starting is difficult with failed start sequences or uneven running with very limited power.

Longer shutdowns (increased heat soak) result in worse missfiring with a limit of about 1000rpm when any throttle increase results in a shut down. If left long enough it won't start at all until it has cooled down when it will then start OK again.

Starter and battery appear good and throttle body is not making any bad noises, just the usual whining followed by a clunk (is this the butterfly being returned to the open position under spring pressure?) after it cycles following opening a door, bonnet, ignition on or ignition off.

There are no fault codes showing and the fuel filter and crankshaft sensor have been changed without improvement.

I wonder if the issue might be of fuel starvation caused by a faulty camshaft sensor giving incorrect fuel injection timing as this sensor appears to be used solely during start up. No fault code is the puzzle though.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Bob

Post #407482 8th May 2021 2:56 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1