Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Help ... one of my miles is missing !
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
Help ... one of my miles is missing !

Here's a strange one for you. Took the car to the stealership today for it's towbar to be fitted. When I dropped the car off I made a note of the mileage, (that may sound sad but it's something I've done for many years whenever I am parted from my car). Anyway, came to check the car over when I picked it up and the the odometer reading had dropped by 1 mile. The girl on reception had also recorded the reading so I know its not my eyes. The trip meter below the odometer had also reset to zero (the trip meter has reset itself before-and I'd thought on that the odometer had changed, but was only working from memory so couldn't be sure; the difference this time being that the numbers were seen by two people and written down).

The service folks put it down to being connected to their computer gear when programming the towing electrics... I thought the odometer was supposed to be fool proof.

Post #2126 26th Mar 2007 5:02 pm
graemehunter

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

I had a flat battery last week & watched as the " range" mile display went from 0-247 as the odometer reset itself to 0
the " key" was accepted, rejected, accepted & the "info" display read " terrain responce disabled" & that "traction was reduced"
I called out landrover assistance to get moving again & after a short boost the car started & all systems returned to normal
apart from the odometer
I put the flat battery down to having not locked the car overnight & there being a light on, but now i'm not so sure,
after a good 120 mile run the car started under it's own power , ( but i did buy jump leads in case)
i'm not near the dealer for a week or two but i'm going to get them to check the battery/systems etc
having said that, in a year or two i'll be happy to let the dealer connect it their computer 20-30000 times to get the miles down

Post #2127 26th Mar 2007 5:18 pm
Transman

Wonder what it is with LR and flat batteries. I think it is more than leaving the light on, indeed I would have thought you could have left sidelights and taillights on all night and still expect the battery to have more than enough power to start, even when cold.
On the week before the FL2 was due, the D3 ( year old ) refused to start. LRA came out and diagnosed flat battery, but diagnostics could not tell why. We did nothing different the night before than on any other of the 350 previous nights !

is this a LR mystery, or is there an answer ? I would hate to think the LR2 had a flat battery for no reason, and one morning it wouldnt start when SWMBO needed it most. I have the utmost confidence that my V70 will start, but have I the same confidence in the LR2. Must wait and see !! Any ideas ? I dont remember anyone on the D3 forum with an answer !

Post #2132 27th Mar 2007 7:41 pm
avtur

graemehunter wrote:
I had a flat battery last week & watched as the " range" mile display went from 0-247 as the odometer reset itself to 0
the " key" was accepted, rejected, accepted & the "info" display read " terrain responce disabled" & that "traction was reduced"

This is exactly what has happened to me, probably more than two dozen times now, though it has been nothing to do with a flat battery.

Also since starting this thread I've inexplicably lost all the trip computer info and the odometer trip info on two more occasion....

I agree with Transman, I too would expect the battery to cope with sidelights overnight and still start the car. On previous motors I've done this deliberately to test the battery. after what I've read on here I'm not sure I'd have the conficence to try it with the FL2.

Post #2137 27th Mar 2007 11:28 pm
avtur

avtur wrote:
graemehunter wrote:

This is exactly what has happened to me, probably more than two dozen times now, though it has been nothing to do with a flat battery.

If you lost the 'range' reading then means the trip computer was wiped.

Also since starting this thread I've inexplicably lost all the trip computer info and the odometer trip info on two more occasion....

I agree with Transman, I too would expect the battery to cope with sidelights overnight and still start the car. On previous motors I've done this deliberately to test the battery. after what I've read on here I'm not sure I'd have the conficence to try it with the FL2.

Post #2138 27th Mar 2007 11:30 pm
PleaseHelp

Italy 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Sumatra Black

Transman wrote:
Wonder what it is with LR and flat batteries. I think it is more than leaving the light on, indeed I would have thought you could have left sidelights and taillights on all night and still expect the battery to have more than enough power to start, even when cold.

I had problem with low battery even if I locked the car in my garage .... and only for few days .. I LOVE my FL2

Post #4066 26th Jun 2007 2:41 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1